• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can I rent/borrow your standard motorcycle? NE GA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalewman

Default rank <400 posts Supporter
Survivalist
Reaction score
Short Version - I'm looking for a standard-type motorcycle to ride for about an hour to see if my knees can take it. NE GA - I'm in Hart County

Long Version - I got fat (again) and my crappy knees got worse so I couldn't ride a standard bike anymore. So I got a cruiser just to stay on 2 wheels. I've lost 100 lbs (again) and my knees feel great. I don't want to buy a sportier bike and then find out my knees ache too much to commute on it. I'm wanting to rent or borrow someone's standard-type motorcycle for an hour to see if my knees hold up. I'd also be open to riding with someone, you ride my bike (Honda CTX700) and I'll ride yours. I'm 48 yrs old, an insurance agent, and have a perfect driving record if that helps you trust me. My interpretation of "standard" - SV650, Ninja 500/650, VFR, V-Strom, FZ-1, ZRX1200, Monster, others with your feet roughly below your hips.

Thanks all.

V-storm and KLR650's are affordable. I hope you find what you need to see if you can ride again. Having good seat will help things too in my experience.

Small changes in bar rise and rake, and peg height and position make a big difference. Good luck with the test.

Good luck.

I ruptured a shock absorber in my knee like 15 years ago racing BMX and everynow and then on my CBR my leg acts up. It's happened like 3 times in the past 2 years. Have to stand up on the pegs and like straighten it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom