• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can I get some help fixing my brake lights?

I have a 98 suburban and the dash lights and running lights went out. I ended up replacing the headlight switch assembly.

Screenshot_20200328-175217_Chrome.jpg

Check your connections inside the bulb socket with a test light that uses a different ground connection.
If you have power there then you have a bad ground connection. Chevy's are known for this problem.
Mike

Check your connections inside the bulb socket with a test light that uses a different ground connection.
If you have power there then you have a bad ground connection. Chevy's are known for this problem.
Mike

I have a trailer hitch light harness that hooks in before the lights and the brake lights aren't lighting up. I'v ordered a brake light switch for a whopping $13 from eBay. I'm n to sure how to test the ground

By using a test light you will attach the ground wire on the test light to a good ground spot.
Any solid metal part on the body. Then you go to the bulb socket with the probe. touch the contact at the bottom of the socket while the brake pedal is pushed. it the test light works then there is power and no ground to the socket. There is normally a ground wire connected from the wire harness near the rear of the vehicle. Crawl around and look for the harness and any damage to it.
Mike

Back
Top Bottom