• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can I get some help fixing my brake lights?

Grub Master

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
102   0
Reaction score
2003 GMC Safari. Brake lights just went out and the emergency flashers also. The bulbs are ok, I replaced the break light and emergency flasher fuses. I have a trailer hitch wiring tester and it shows they aren't working. Any suggestions?

2003 GMC Safari. Brake lights just went out and the emergency flashers also. The bulbs are ok, I replaced the break light and emergency flasher fuses. I have a trailer hitch wiring tester and it shows they aren't working. Any suggestions?

Check the fuses again. They may have popped as soon as you hit the lights. If that's the case then you have a bare wire (or two) that is grounding out.

Anyone been working on the vehicle before the light problem?

Had that problem once on a mid 80's GMC. Turned out to be something located in the steering column.

Note. The emergency flahers were located on ghe column

Those post 2000 GMs have a ton of fuses. Individual fuses for left and right bulbs on some circuits, and stupid stuff like that.

Check all your fuse panels, there are at least 2, maybe more. IIRC, the one you need to check first is under the hood.

Those post 2000 GMs have a ton of fuses. Individual fuses for left and right bulbs on some circuits, and stupid stuff like that.

Check all your fuse panels, there are at least 2, maybe more. IIRC, the one you need to check first is under the hood.

I only found fuses under the dash. Could not find any under the hood.

Back
Top Bottom