Can I filter out "Item Gone" threads?

Garcia Mitchler

Default rank <200 posts
Long time ODT'er
14   0
Reaction score
Is it just me? When I search the forums for something I want to buy, I really have no use for all the "item gone" threads...

It's annoying. Whats even more frustrating is many don't indicate that on the subject line, so I have to click on it only to see the red banner of doom...

Is there a search feature I'm missing out on?

Recap: when I do a directed search I only want to see active 'for sale' items...

Not sure what you mean. When I search, the items marked as gone are clearly marked in the search results. ??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361076999.106437.jpg

No, many, many times (and I think it's when you use the search feature) there are items without the "Item gone" above the "Started" line in the subject that have the dreaded red Item Gone when you click on it. Come to think of it, why in the world do "Sold" and "Item Gone" listings even show up at all?

When I search it gets very frustrating and a waste of time. For popular items there are so many "Item Gone" listings that come up without being marked thus in the subject line I actually avoid looking here now, mostly looking at GON's Marketplace instead. I really don't want the history of what listed in the past...

Theres gotta be a way to write the software search to only show current and available items, maybe with the ability to check 'completed' items if you want to know what may have been listed and to get an idea of asking prices.

Any closed thread in the classifieds will have the "item gone" banner, so just avoid threads with the lock sign to only view active threads.

Capture.PNG

Back
Top Bottom