• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Camping spots north of Atlanta

mustang12

Default rank <750 posts
Let’s Go Brandon!
36   0
Reaction score
So I used to go camping with friends in high school all the time, up towards toccoa / Rabun County area. We always went to some area called Panther Creek?? Not sure how to get there anymore since it’s been about 18 years since we did that. Any knowledge of that area from you guys is a big help.
Anyhow, my 5 year old son has been asking me lately to take him camping. I feel like he’s about old enough now.
Need some advice on good spots north of Atlanta.
Some specifics:

- not overrun with RVs or people
- somewhere safe to park the car then walk a shorter distance ( due to my little guy not having to hike for miles) to cleared areas that allow building fires.
- areas that are reasonably cleared to set up a tent.

I’ve been camping all my life but just haven’t gone in a long time. Not familiar with good sites these days.

We would only be going for one night, just to see how he does on his first trip.

please let me know if you guys have some good spots. Thanks!

Ok, which one is easiest to get in and out of? Are there places at these that you have to check in first or can you just go hike in and pitch a tent?

Earls ford, tallulah river, and low gap has a place where you can drive thouoght the river. Which has its cool factor for kids and they will always remember. As well as the slide i was talking about

Back
Top Bottom