• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Calling all Eggheads.. and normal ODT hooligans.. STEAK opinions!

I change it up now and then with some greek seasoning (30mins before grilling) . I have put it on pork tenderloin a couple days before grilling and it was MightyTasty . OffTopic but The best fish I've ever had was smeared with mayo , sprinkled with greek seasoning , and seared in a hot pan before going in the oven for a few minutes = if you don't like fish (Mahi is one'a my favorites) you probably will if you try this

Salt and Pepper. I would never put all those commercial seasonings on a Prime piece of meat. Most chefs never use anything buy S&P. Maybe a butter baste at the end.
All those seasonings are crap, why buy a premium cut of meat and put all that on it?
There's junk seasonings then there are high end seasonings.. some bad some good

I keep some finishing butter in the fridge and use it on lots of things. It’s great on steaks. I really love it finishing a big tomahawk ribeye. I cut the tops off heads of garlic. I drizzle them with olive oil and wrap them in a little piece of foil. Put them on a cookie sheet and into the oven for about an hour at 350. Once they cool enough to handle squeeze out the roasted garlic. Mash it up and mix with whipped butter. It’s good on everything. And your house will smell so good when you’re roasting the garlic. They should make air freshener with that scent.

There is a hamburger on the menu at the Rookery in downtown Macon that has peanut butter On it. It's soooo good.

Ya'll can get all that fancy if you want, but some nice thick porterhouses with a little Dale's and a touch of Montreal Steak seasoning on each side, seared well over some hot Kingsford suits me just fine. Can't wait till I can taste them again...

Attachments

• 20180909_184427.jpg
    20180909_184427.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 20
We grill often in our home. But we also, go eat out at a Brazilian steak house in Marietta, called "Rio Steakhouse and Bakery" . Google it you will see how awesome is that place(check pictures in Google).
The other day we went with another family in a Saturday lunch time.... Man, what a feast. You can choose all kind of different cuts and meats, and choose it from well done to rare. And here it is the best part, It's only $16.00 bucks per person!! And you can eat as much as you can. They don't come to your table with the meat, but you walk to the grill and you tell those guys what you need! You won't regret going over there.

Actually our company will have the Christmas Party Lunch over there, next Friday December 20...
One of their's pictures:
2018-02-27.jpg

We grill often in our home. But we also, go eat out at a Brazilian steak house in Marietta, called "Rio Steakhouse and Bakery" . Google it you will see how awesome is that place(check pictures in Google).
The other day we went with another family in a Saturday lunch time.... Man, what a feast. You can choose all kind of different cuts and meats, and choose it from well done to rare. And here it is the best part, It's only $16.00 bucks per person!! And you can eat as much as you can. They don't come to your table with the meat, but you walk to the grill and you tell those guys what you need! You won't regret going over there.

Actually our company will have the Christmas Party Lunch over there, next Friday December 20...
One of their's pictures:
View attachment 2398557
I've had a couple say that but eventually "Hey big man , you eat enough , you go home , you eat no moe"

I coat with grapeseed oil and my own rub blend on 1.75" steaks. Cook over Split-mass coals (Red Oak & Pecan) on webber dome. Sear over direct heat uncovered 2-3 min each side @ 550 Degree F. Then I put them on the offset heat and close the lid 5 min each side @ 400-450 Degrees. If you have bone-in cuts face the bone towards the coals. this will get you Medium-rare-Rare every time!

441 south bbq company has a seasoning called 'Fat Henry's' that is great....it is espresso based and really brings out the flavor, but not salty at all. 441 South is based out of Canton. My favorite steak is Tri-tip. Reverse sear with place setter in for indirect heat at 275 - 300 degrees until 130ish in the meat (probably about 45 minutes for 3 lb tri tip.) Then, take the place setter out to get the temp up above 500 and put a cast iron skillet with butter melted on the grill grates and sear in the skillet for 1 minute each side. Slice strips against the grain and it is just as good as a filet in my opinion. Plus it usually is only $6.99lb.

I've had a couple say that but eventually "Hey big man , you eat enough , you go home , you eat no moe"
I drove by Marietta today and I decided to stop and eat with a friend. I saw a guy going to the grill, probably FIVE times. Besides the grill, they have a buffet with many other kinda of dishes, and a salad bar. I've been there many, many time... The girls are so nice (and beautiful)... Met the owner today, such a humble guy. - I don't see them doing this kinda of rudeness to nobody EVER! - As I said we'll be there Friday again, our HVAC Supervisors, around 15 people...
Here it is a sample from today, at the grill when I did one of my trips there... hahaha
20191213_122110[1].jpg

I drove by Marietta today and I decided to stop and eat with a friend. I saw a guy going to the grill, probably FIVE times. Besides the grill, they have a buffet with many other kinda of dishes, and a salad bar. I've been there many, many time... The girls are so nice (and beautiful)... Met the owner today, such a humble guy. - I don't see them doing this kinda of rudeness to nobody EVER! - As I said we'll be there Friday again, our HVAC Supervisors, around 15 people...
Here it is a sample from today, at the grill when I did one of my trips there... hahaha
View attachment 2399661
I was playin around OMan . I gotta check that place out sometime foeSho Looks Tasty

Back
Top Bottom