• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cabela's has lost their freaking mind

It's the ass holes behind the counter that are the dirt bags we don't hear a lot from selling in our reloading classifieds. If they are doing that every shipment then they have built up a handsome supply. Or sold it friends and family and scored a nice lick off from it. That sh** ain't right. Somebody needs to call corporate and report the problem. There should be a limit each can buy. They are basically saying " to hell with the customers let's take all for ourselves ". I wish I would have been there. I would have called them out on it and had a manager come explain why the customers are not being considered in all this nonsense. Now it might have been in vien but I would have raised immortal hell!

You could always get a job there. I hear they have great fringe benefits.

Can you really blame them? If you were in their position wouldn’t you do the same? I know I would lol

Damn right I would! If I had to work retail in a place like that with a bunch of surly neckbeard customers I would need to self incentivize my ass just to make it through a day.

Tell me about it. We are out here scrounging for a bullet here, a pound of powder there, a box of primers from wherever while they are shopping right of the pallet as it comes of the truck. Yeah! I like those benefits. Of course they probably have to do that to make a living working there. Still makes my skin crawl thinking about it.

When the ammo shortage started , guy had a son working for a big box store. They held most of the 9mm back for themselves. I know a lot of it sold on here .

I'll bet there is a lot that is sold on here that if you did a little background you would find a retail store connection somewhere in the mix....conspiracy!!!!

Can you really blame them? If you were in their position wouldn’t you do the same? I know I would lol
I would for my own stock but not to sell. II don't a flipper stock like either. Just a few bottles of my most used powder. It's question of ethics. You are screwing the customer, you are using the company you work for to fuel your side business. If you will do that where does it stop? It's really a sneak peek into human behavior when something gets low. Imagine if and when it happens to food shortages. All the grocery store workers will be thick and plump and everybody outside waiting to get in will look like Ethiopians.

I’ve had many situations there with some of the employees making up their own rules. I have talked to the GM. Let’s see if he does anything. He has in the past. I know they have been hiring new people every week so that doesn’t help them either. Still doesn’t make it fair. I’m trying to learn how to do this stuff and it pissed me off that they had stuff I needed that day.
Yeah to stand behind the counter and watch clerks ravage a box of H332 bottles of powder and that's just what your there looking for, would be disheartening to say the least. Oh the anger, the hatred, the desire to lash out would be overwhelming.

Back
Top Bottom