• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cabela's has lost their freaking mind

<---- on my way to Cabelas to buy up everything they have and run some sweet Ammo ads here on ODT
giphy(6).gif

They a little of rarely used stuff like 50 Beowulf, 450 Bushmaster, some other ig power round. A little 30-06, a pathetic stack of Winchester and few other odds and ends. What blew me away ( pun intended ) was the price of shotgun shells. Number 2 and number 4 heavy shot was over 24 bucks out the door. When I lived in Oklahoma and Quail hunted we were paying 5 bucks and change for a box. I just went in to spend some with my son I don't to see much. I though it would marked up but daaaayuum! No reloading supplies at all. However their Savage rifles were right on par with others I have seen. Those were the only ones I could get close enough to see the tags. Pistols a smidge high but not offensive. They were always a little higher then internet pricing anyway. They had a thousand guns but no and I mean absolutely no repairing stuff. The guns are coming back but he'll what good is that if you can't feed it.

You won’t ever find reloading stuff the guy that stocks the shelves and the guys behind the gun counter take it before it hits the shelves. They leave whatever they don’t need. I saw it with my own eyes. I even confronted them about it and they just tried to play it off like nothing happened.

You won’t ever find reloading stuff the guy that stocks the shelves and the guys behind the gun counter take it before it hits the shelves. They leave whatever they don’t need. I saw it with my own eyes. I even confronted them about it and they just tried to play it off like nothing happened.
Can you really blame them? If you were in their position wouldn’t you do the same? I know I would lol

I’m seeing the same thing at Cabela’s in Acworth. That was just a couple days ago.
Bought some green tips at Academy Kennesaw yesterday for 13.99 box of 20. They had tons of ammo past 2 weeks I went in there. Looks like supply has caught up, don't think the prices will ever be the same...

It's the ass holes behind the counter that are the dirt bags we don't hear a lot from selling in our reloading classifieds. If they are doing that every shipment then they have built up a handsome supply. Or sold it friends and family and scored a nice lick off from it. That sh** ain't right. Somebody needs to call corporate and report the problem. There should be a limit each can buy. They are basically saying " to hell with the customers let's take all for ourselves ". I wish I would have been there. I would have called them out on it and had a manager come explain why the customers are not being considered in all this nonsense. Now it might have been in vien but I would have raised immortal hell!

It's the ass holes behind the counter that are the dirt bags we don't hear a lot from selling in our reloading classifieds. If they are doing that every shipment then they have built up a handsome supply. Or sold it friends and family and scored a nice lick off from it. That sh** ain't right. Somebody needs to call corporate and report the problem. There should be a limit each can buy. They are basically saying " to hell with the customers let's take all for ourselves ". I wish I would have been there. I would have called them out on it and had a manager come explain why the customers are not being considered in all this nonsense. Now it might have been in vien but I would have raised immortal hell!

I’ve had many situations there with some of the employees making up their own rules. I have talked to the GM. Let’s see if he does anything. He has in the past. I know they have been hiring new people every week so that doesn’t help them either. Still doesn’t make it fair. I’m trying to learn how to do this stuff and it pissed me off that they had stuff I needed that day.

Back
Top Bottom