• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

C&R by age not milsurp Browning A5 16 ga

parolebear

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
214   0
Reaction score
Have questions about a Browning A5, 16 ga standard weight. A friend just inherited one (he hates guns). It is serial # 1113xx which I date to 1938 (love for someone to check behind me) would that be correct? It came with two barrels (full and cylinder bore) that serial number to the gun. It is not perfect as it has been hunted with over the years but has no rust with little wear on the on the blue. The wood is stained dark from body oil and handling. The red rubber butt pad has all by fallen apart with dry rot. The cylinder bore barrel had the front bead reset. The forearm is not cracked as you see a lot with guns that was tighten too tight. He is asking what he should list as a value? What would be fair as I would love to have it? What is the A5 market right now?

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 57
  • a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 53
The real question is how can you be friends with someone that “hates guns”?

It happens sometimes. My BIL (RIP) served his first tour in Nam on a Special Forces A Team. He spent his second tour flying a Cobra gunship. He retired as an Infantry LTC. In all the years that I knew him, he never owned a personal firearm.

Back
Top Bottom