• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

C-4 Corvette Doctor Needed

BullseyeBoomer

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
120   0
Reaction score
So I picked up an old '89 Corvette and am in search of a shop that specializes in old Chevies and Corvettes in particular in the NW GA region. I live in Rossville, so anyone near me in Ft Oglethorpe, Chickamauga, Ringgold and vicinity would be sure to get my business.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Semper fi!

external-content.duckduckgo.jpg

What kind of service are you looking for? Engine maintenance is generic, nothing too unique on the L98. Now, the electronics and things like that take a little expertise and experience.
Do you have a punch list of what you need done?

What kind of service are you looking for? Engine maintenance is generic, nothing too unique on the L98. Now, the electronics and things like that take a little expertise and experience.
Do you have a punch list of what you need done?
Hey Shawn,
For starters I need to get the car up on a drive-on lift so the floor pans and other fiberglass components don't get damaged. I want to do an undercarriage inspection, transmission and diff services, and tailpipe replacement. The e-brake doesn't hold, so a brake inspection also needs done. Full tune-up needed as well, with fuel filter, plugs, wires, dist cap & rotor. The drivers door glass exterior weather seal/wipe is cracked and missing a section and allowing water to get inside door, needs replaced. It requires removing door panel and drilling out and replacement of mounting rivets. I have the Chevrolet shop manual for reference if needed.

That's a pretty good list, if I had a 4-post lift in my garage, I'd knock it out but I have had my Z on stands many times with no problems. I would say you could do 80% of what's on your list by yourself, especially if you have the FSM.

Back
Top Bottom