• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buying script glasses online????

Rivershot

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
31   0
Reaction score
My wife need some glasses, she has a recent script. but, the frames she has are crap. What a damn racket, $99 frames that are no better than Foster Grants from Walgreens, add coatings and transition and you're out $350+ for the cheap stuff..

We have a friend who used to buy them online 2-3 years ago and can''t remember where, she now has a job with 100% vision coverage. A lot of the sites seem like scams and want too much info before you can even start shopping.

Thanks

Eyeglass Direct is where I have bought prescription glasses before without a problem. Fast and accurate service.

Zenni Optical!
Cheap frames awesome service.

See what Clark Howard says about them.

I get mine from the same place... under $20 shipped for a pair of glasses. I go to walmart to get my prescription then order online every 2 years or so. normally I order a pair of regular glasses, a pair of prescription sunglasses, and a pair of prescription safety glasses for shooting

If she has 100% vision coverage, why not go to Sam's Optical dept. with her 'prescription'?

If it's anything like the eye doctor's around here, they know how much the insurance coverage is and they price their frames higher. My coverage pays for $150 on frames and the local places have prices $200 and up.

Different variables bump the cost from your standard simple reader or single vision glasses. Anything with a high script will cost you more to get thinner lenses. Bifocal adds cost and so on.

Yeah its ridiculous buying from the big box stores for glasses, I've used zenna for the last five or so years with out issues. they don't have the best frames, but a large selection. your wife may be picky, but a cheapskate like myself, 30 bucks for bifocals is a huge difference than 250$

I've tried Zinni and been happy. The last time however I had the Zinni glasses checked at a real optometrist the script was wrong by a good bit. The price is right but beware.

Back
Top Bottom