• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buying private land to shoot on?

.....My problem with a local club is being under rules and restrictions that are sometimes are akin to being apart of an HOA or dealing with the whims of whoever owns the land\club. I would like to be able to come and go on the land as I wish and bring family \ friends as I wish to do whatever we want. Hosting family parties; shooting events for ourselves; using our off-road vehicles; a place for me to keep my heavy equipment for storage and just a place to hang out away from the city as I mentioned.

You absolutely should NOT join a club.

Wilson Shoals is pretty good ; but the first part of what you've written is precisely why I'm looking for land. My problem is existing clubs\facilities aren't there for high intensity drills or trick shooting or even tannerite refrigerators like you said. Owning your own land solves all of those problems. Sitting and standing in one spot shooting for over 10 years has become stale and boring.
Go take classes with folks like Tactical Response, John Lovell, cmshoot cmshoot , etc if you want training. Having your own land would only make it easier to host a trainer...hmm that's a good idea actually...

Go take classes with folks like Tactical Response, John Lovell, cmshoot cmshoot , etc if you want training. Having your own land would only make it easier to host a trainer...hmm that's a good idea actually...
Training is good; but I also would like to be able to practice at my leisure without paying a fee every single time.

go to "landflip" you can type in any county you want. i haven't looked in a while but i would think marion county might still have some cheap land also maybe macon and schley counties.

Training is good; but I also would like to be able to practice at my leisure without paying a fee every single time.

it took us almost two years to find what we wanted but its sure worth the hunt. Rougher terrain is cheaper and provides a great backstop. We found possibilities around Kingston, Adairsville, Rydal and in the Ranger / Fairmount areas. Have tp pay close attention to zoning and future development plans. Some really good deals in south Georgia too but we didn’t want to drive that far

If you are going to store anything of value in a remote place that you mostly visit on weekends, you better have some good surveillance cameras and a good relationship with the local police.
The meth, ice and heroin epidemic has decimated the youth in all the rural areas that I know about. Anything that is not secured is stolen or will be damaged.

Back
Top Bottom