• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buying private land to shoot on?

Soul

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
Vehicle / Equipment Dealer
42   0
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been discussed before. But where in Georgia can be recommended where I can try to buy some decent land to shoot legally on any way I want. Any tips and discussion is welcomed!

There've been a couple of threads on here about chipping in to buy land for shooting. At the end of the day it's been a non starter as a group thing because of liability and insurance.

As an individual... If you have the $$$ I'd say go for it. Land isn't getting cheaper.

As mentioned land is not getting cheaper. also privacy is nice plus owning land as well as being able to shot on it. just check local laws and restrictions on shooting where the land is

Not sure if this has been discussed before. But where in Georgia can be recommended where I can try to buy some decent land to shoot legally on any way I want. Any tips and discussion is welcomed!
If you put together a group of people that want to form a "club" you'll need to identify a county that is not heavily regulated re:noise, etc., and employ good sound abatement when you construct your facility. Pay particular attention to sections C and D in the 2014 law for the State of Georgia.
https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2014/title-41/chapter-1/section-41-1-9

If you can operate for a year without being stopped you're sort of good to go.

Back
Top Bottom