• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buying out of state question

the_great_white

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
122   0
Reaction score
If I buy a vehicle through a dealership in Tennessee, will I be hit with tax twice? I'd hate to find out I have to pay sales tax in Tennessee and then turn around and get hit with the Georgia TAVT on top of that.

Thanks!

I've bought several vehicles from out of state and I tell the folks I'm buying from that the vehicle will not be registered in their state but the state I live in and dont charge the tax! Been fine everytime !

I've bought several vehicles from out of state and I tell the folks I'm buying from that the vehicle will not be registered in their state but the state I live in and dont charge the tax! Been fine everytime !
Yep, should only pay taxes in the state that it is registered in.

This.
I have also bought several dealer vehicles out-of-state. Only got charged GA TAVT tax at time of registration here in Cobb.

I bought a vehicle out ot state. Paid taxes when I registered it. Tag office gave me an option of multiple payments because the tax was over a thousand dollars. I paid all at once so I do not know the details if they charge you interest if you make multiple payments.

i did an even trade in Chattanooga last year at a dealer. About 12,000 deal and did not have to pay taxes in either state. The dealer had my tags mailed to me

YET.....it took over a year from some dip**** (his ONLY JOB) from Georgia Revenue Department to bill me for the sales tax...

Back
Top Bottom