• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Butch's Gun Oil Seems a LOT like Transmission Fluid

GodBlessTheUSA

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
I brought down the Iron Curtain
154   0
Reaction score
I'm not trying to bash their company at all, but want to know if any "more seasoned" 2nd Amendment Supporters have noticed that Butch's Gun Oil looks, smells and tastes (yes, I tasted it, see below) like Dexron transmission fluid?

I have read where others in the firearms community have used tranny fluid for wiping down and / or lubricating their guns. But I bought the Butch's Oil on the recommendation of a friend thinking it was some super oil.

In my younger days I was a motor-head / gear-head / hot-rodder. I'm pretty familiar with all the normal motor vehicle fluids. In order of preference of having some spilled / splashed in your face I always said: "antifreeze, tranny fluid, oil, brake fluid, then anything from around the battery". I've seen, smelled and tasted transmission fluids (not always by design), and probably can still tell you if a fluid is oil or tranny fluid by feel, smell and / or taste.

Why do I feel like Butch's oil is just transmission fluid, or something very very similar?

Back
Top Bottom