• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bushnell Permafocus Binoculars

BHJ

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
37   0
Reaction score
I have had a compact set of these for close to a decade now and they are great. I saw a pair in my local wal mart the other day and it just reminded me what a great product this is. I even bought them for my brother for hunting and my parents for bird watching.
They are very easy to use because there is no focus knob involved. Just put em up to your eyes and everything is already in focus. This is of great benefit when trying to pick out parts of a game animal in cover or when looking at something moving in the woods. If your focus is off by a few feet with regular binocs then you only see a blur and may not even recognize it as an animal part in cover. These eliminate that. They also work great at sporting events as the players get closer or farther away they stay in focus. You can also quickly and easily look at other areas of the field without having to re focus and turn stupid knobs.
My old man always told me I could break an anvil with a rubber mallet and admittedly I am hard on equipment but these things have served me well for close to ten years now without any problems. This includes all the standard abuse of banging off of climbing stands,being thrown in the truck console and banging around in the overhead of an offshore boat on quite a few offshore fishing trips with the harsh ocean environment. I am a big fan of high end optics but these inexpensive binocs find their way into my bag on every hunting and fishing trip because of the perma focus feature and the fact they have never let me down. Also at this price you are likely to carry em where you need em instead of worrying about tearing up expensive optics. These are nearly a must have for sportsmen and I highly reccomend them.

Last edited:
I have a pair and like them well enough for most situations. They are everything you say so I took my set out west for a Mule Deer hunt (a lot of glassing). By lunch my eyes/head was pounding like crazy. The same happened the second day so the land owner where I was hunting gave me his high end binos with the focus to use. I didn't think that was my problem but took them anyway with a big thank you. The third day I kept my eyes in the binos all day with no problems. The forth day I used my set until my eyes/head started hurting, took an Advil, switched to the high end binos and had no issues the rest of the trip.

I do like my Permafocus/instaview binos and use them in GA for hunting, sporting events and such but when I head out west I grab the EL's my wife got me.

Back
Top Bottom