• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bunch of old Pallets - must take a lot of them. (not just a couple)

95gAtl

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
115   0
Reaction score
Fellers....

I acquired a bunch of "new at the time" pallets for a project I was going to built. Well, like most everything else in life, didn't get a chance to start on it.

Since top/bottom pallets are made of hardwood, you can use them to decorate walls, build stuff, etc.

Most are still in decent shape, i'm sure by now, some are not.....but we are not going to pick and choose here. I would like whoever commits to them to take at least (20) of them. I think I have closer to 50 total. I have a mini bobcat with folks to easily load onto your trailer (i'm presuming you'll bring a trailer)...

Before we set in concrete a day/time to meet, i will verify most are in good shape as they have been sitting in the weather on cement blocks.

These are located at my house in Suwanee, so I need anyone coming here to be a long standing member, lots of positive feedback, and no more than 1 negative.

PM me how many you want.

And i'll verify later today/tmrw their condition and exactly how many I have.

Lots of easy projects can be done with those. I slapped together a cheap firewood rack to keep it close and dry by my back door for this season.

Attachments

• IMG_20200922_190457509.jpg
    IMG_20200922_190457509.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 133
dakatl dakatl - On that bottom picture, did you remove the drywall? I am considering doing something similar to a wall at my house, and I like how your trim looks. I was wondering the best way to go about it (with the least effort..of course).

I dont want to jack OP's post, perhaps when I get a chance I will post the project in another section. But free bump for now. lol.

Yes I removed drywall. started out as leaking wall project. well, one beer led to another and ....y'all know how that goes.

pallets need to be fastened at ends just like a deck build to prevent warping. I placed extra 2x4s where needed or desired so as to achieve a more random sizing and placing of pallet boards. you may have to rework you electrical boxes to accommodate for the extra thickness vs drywall. (obviously turn off all power and do not attempt electrical if not qualified)

It was a easy project the whole family got involved in.

Someone needs to go get these pallets and put them to re-use !

0714172011.jpg

0715172351.jpg

I would have been tempted to pull the wall into the room about 5' and create a secrete room back there for prepping supplies/gun room.

Heck you could probably still do it and keep the walls in there like they are to have it already finished.

Dakatl.....closer? Dude you're in Hoschton, that's like 4 exits down 85 lol. i'm 1.5 miles from i-85 and L Ville Suwanee Rd. hahaha. :)

I here ya, my issue is I dont have a trailer right now so I have to do trips with the F150. So depending on sizes I can fit up to 12-14 or so without looking like one of those guys you see with 80 stacked 15 feet high, tilting over, driving down I85 . lol.

I here ya, my issue is I dont have a trailer right now so I have to do trips with the F150. So depending on sizes I can fit up to 12-14 or so without looking like one of those guys you see with 80 stacked 15 feet high, tilting over, driving down I85 . lol.

Could always take a reciprocating saw with you to break them down on site while loading.

Back
Top Bottom