Bullpups? yay or nay

• yay

Votes: 37 56.1%
  • nay

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • sometimes

Votes: 15 22.7%

• Total voters
I personally like the Keltec RDB. Short enough to travel in my tennis bag, weight distribution is moved back so it is easy to maneuver especially around corners but still has the 16” barrel in case you need to reach out a little further. Plus having the cases ejected from the bottom keeps trash out of my eyes. But if you really want to have some fun get the KSG 12 gauge with 24 short shells! :0) I don’t want to knock AR pistols though, they are great tools and I practice with both platforms.

You and I have such similar taste in firearms it scares me sometimes.

I always liked bullpups, but the triggers were nothing like a good aftermarket AR trigger. It’s been a while since I owned one, so maybe they have triggers just as good now. If the bullpup has just as good of a trigger and excellent reliability, then it’s a winner!

I like weapons that are compact and work well. Some of it comes from having time behind a 20” AR I know my 8” SBR is much more handy in the house or suburbs where I live.

I’ve never owned a bullpup. I don’t think I’ve ever fired one. But the thought of full length barrel ballistics plus being just a hair over 26” makes me interested.
I have owned a few, and I have fired others.

I no longer own any bullpup rifles...
my suggestion is for you to shoot a few of them before you buy one.

I always liked bullpups, but the triggers were nothing like a good aftermarket AR trigger. It’s been a while since I owned one, so maybe they have triggers just as good now. If the bullpup has just as good of a trigger and excellent reliability, then it’s a winner!
Give the MDR a go. DT has the bullpup trigger down

I like shorties! I’m thinking a bullpup is in my future

Attachments

• B3D378E5-40AB-4782-971D-C94B6F7DB9C8.jpeg
    B3D378E5-40AB-4782-971D-C94B6F7DB9C8.jpeg
    428.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 08D71C91-56AF-444F-8CA0-3AD99130A172.jpeg
    08D71C91-56AF-444F-8CA0-3AD99130A172.jpeg
    524.3 KB · Views: 13
Add one for the AUG....
Have had several bullpups and takes somewhat getting used to. Other members already mentioned the difference....longer trigger pull, tail heavy, etc. But once you get a hang for it, you're hooked.

My recommendation is go and shoot a few and decide first hand before buying. If there isn't anyone you know that has an AUG or Tavor give me a shout.

Back
Top Bottom