Bullpups? yay or nay

• yay

Votes: 37 56.1%
  • nay

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • sometimes

Votes: 15 22.7%

• Total voters
And you find a 20" AR that much less convenient? I know one could fit in a soft guitar case pretty readily.
A little actually. I have a small SUV or driving a mini van with kid gear, so space is at a minimum. A smaller case lets me move it more discreetly around as well.

plus the length comes into play working around buildings like my home or vehicles. I can easily open a door holding the tavor level or aimed one handed. Much less so with a 20”.

I’ve done some room clearing exercises and like being as small as possible while still getting good ballistics. If the tavor proves reliable it will probably replace my SBR ar15 for the house

the drawbacks to a bullpup are:
1. can be hard to clear
2. the LOP is NOT adjustable; they can have ridiculous LONG LOPs, like the Tavor
3. sight radius can be too short for effective use of irons
4. triggers can be subpar, due to the extra linkages

other than that, I like the concept.

Only bullpup I have ever owned that I actually liked is the Keltec RDB I keep in the car when traveling out of state. Keltec really did an amazing job on that gun and it's the best bullpup trigger I have ever seen.

That said, when I am in state I keep a SBR AR handy. I wouldn't own the RDB if I could easily cross state lines with a SBR.

Second to DT.

Only bullpup I have ever owned that I actually liked is the Keltec RDB I keep in the car when traveling out of state. Keltec really did an amazing job on that gun and it's the best bullpup trigger I have ever seen.

That said, when I am in state I keep a SBR AR handy. I wouldn't own the RDB if I could easily cross state lines with a SBR.

Back
Top Bottom