Bullpups? yay or nay

• yay

Votes: 37 56.1%
  • nay

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • sometimes

Votes: 15 22.7%

• Total voters
I've been doing some research on these as well. Mainly the Tavor x95. From what I've read and watched, the mag drop and reload is the same as a normal ar. The video I watched, the guy was skeptical about it and wanted to see how fast he could drop the mag and swap them and fire a round. He surprised himself and reloaded the X95 a hair faster than his DD AR15.

Thanks for the input. I haven’t handled one in a long while and my shooting style has gone from competition to the more tactical side of things. I was a sponsored 3 gun shooter for a few years but that was a few years and 2 kids and a dozen pounds ago. I have an absolute metric ton of time behind an AR and have a 20” JP that can shoot flies out of the air.

more recently I’ve appreciated compact weapons. I did a 3000 mile road trip with a 300BO AR pistol. It was annoying. Took up the bigger pocket on a day pack, heavy to provide basically pistol ballistics (subs).

I bought a kel tec sub 2k to fill that roll and it was recalled before I even test fired it. It’s my 3rd Keltec that died so I think I’m done with that brand.

I bought a Glock 17 with flux brace that’s my current travel gun. Fits in the small pack of my bags, rides in the glove box without drama, reaches out to 100+ yards if needed with the dot.

but part of me knows that it’s still a pistol and a pistol round. 556 out of a 16” barrel but in a 26” package seems like it might be worth it.

from what I’ve read so far the tavor 95 makes the most sense. I have AR mags and piles of 556. I would mount a dot or LPvO, light, maybe my can. The weight is nothing compared to my 13 pound JP.

anyone in Marietta area wanna show me a tavor? There’s beer/whiskey in it for ya

Reactions: STI
Prior to 2016 I never owned or fired a rifle.
I purchased a S&W ar15 and a Tavor just to see if I really wanted a SAR. As a rookie and after 40 rounds, my basic learning curve to operate the Tavor was easier to achieve. The S&W remains with another family member.

I've been doing some research on these as well. Mainly the Tavor x95. From what I've read and watched, the mag drop and reload is the same as a normal ar. The video I watched, the guy was skeptical about it and wanted to see how fast he could drop the mag and swap them and fire a round. He surprised himself and reloaded the X95 a hair faster than his DD AR15.
^^ True ^^

Thanks for the input. I haven’t handled one in a long while and my shooting style has gone from competition to the more tactical side of things. I was a sponsored 3 gun shooter for a few years but that was a few years and 2 kids and a dozen pounds ago. I have an absolute metric ton of time behind an AR and have a 20” JP that can shoot flies out of the air.

more recently I’ve appreciated compact weapons. I did a 3000 mile road trip with a 300BO AR pistol. It was annoying. Took up the bigger pocket on a day pack, heavy to provide basically pistol ballistics (subs).

I bought a kel tec sub 2k to fill that roll and it was recalled before I even test fired it. It’s my 3rd Keltec that died so I think I’m done with that brand.

I bought a Glock 17 with flux brace that’s my current travel gun. Fits in the small pack of my bags, rides in the glove box without drama, reaches out to 100+ yards if needed with the dot.

but part of me knows that it’s still a pistol and a pistol round. 556 out of a 16” barrel but in a 26” package seems like it might be worth it.

from what I’ve read so far the tavor 95 makes the most sense. I have AR mags and piles of 556. I would mount a dot or LPvO, light, maybe my can. The weight is nothing compared to my 13 pound JP.

anyone in Marietta area wanna show me a tavor? There’s beer/whiskey in it for ya
I'll let you run a few magazines through mine sometime. We go to Governor's Kennesaw every couple weeks. PM me. And yes, I'll take you up on the beer/whiskey.

Back
Top Bottom