• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

bullet casters

Thanks for the input, guys. I put in a order for a pound of the Eastwood Ford light blue. I imagine it’ll last me either forever or until I want to accessorize my bullets like Barbie dolls and get a different color! Since I have no sense of style... I’ll probably just die of old age with the blue.

Well, the oven was a success. I can’t scratch the not-reheated water quenched bullet with my hardest pencil... a 4H. After heating the majority of them and checking them back out, I scratch with a HB and don’t scratch with a B. That puts me right around the 13 BHN range and should suit my needs well. I guess I’ll not be water quenching (or doing it differently) in the future.

Well, the oven was a success. I can’t scratch the not-reheated water quenched bullet with my hardest pencil... a 4H. After heating the majority of them and checking them back out, I scratch with a HB and don’t scratch with a B. That puts me right around the 13 BHN range and should suit my needs well. I guess I’ll not be water quenching (or doing it differently) in the future.
Another thing to think of is they will harden over time

Another thing to think of is they will harden over time

Yeah... I Aloxed them and will check them again tomorrow. I’ve shot a few batches that were Mississippi bullets that were supposed to be 18. So long as they don’t go way over that as they rest, I think I should be fine. I thought about casting some tonight but it started raining and carrying on like crazy so my plans are probably shot for the evening.

Back
Top Bottom