• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bug Out Bag

Anyone know a good bugout bag that can carry a TON of weight? If I'm bugging out it's because bugging in has somehow failed, and I don't want to leave my silver behind.

We just started building my family's bobs out.
1. Pack with water bladder
2. Hammock
3. Tarp
4. Sleeping pack
5. Flint fire starter
6. Life Straws
7. Medical kit
8. Socks
9. Small fishing and tackle kit
10. Multitool
11. beans and seeds
12. stuffed animal (kids)
13. Ammunition
14. Woobies

In my bag I have the following as well
1. Settlers wrench
2. Hatchet
3. Pocket chain saw
4. Processing knife set
5. More intensive Medical kit

Anything else we should be snagging?

Currently re-doing mine. More of a get home bag than anything at the moment, bug out isn't a thing I am anywhere near prepping for. Currently just being purpose built for possibility of maybe 24hr at most survival just to get to the house. Adding to it and would love anyone's suggestions!

5.11 Tactical bag (currently)
Galil ACE 7.62 with magazine in the gun and 3 loaded mags in the soft pouch for 120 rounds total.
Headlamp
Walker Slim Ear Protection (probably will look into just getting good earbuds for weight/space savings but need to do research on what is good. suggestions welcome!)
1 freeze dried meal
Basic First Aid Kit (probably could use an upgrade here willing to hear of any pre-made ones or any essentials you guys use?)
Lighter
Quick start little bar for fire starting to be easy
Ka-Bar
Osprey 2L bladder

Things I am looking to add:
Leatherman
Some sort of water filtration. Might just be best to put a bunch of iodine tablets for weight savings
Extra batteries
Phone charger (I have a solar panel I use when hiking to charge I guess I could toss it in there but it's a pretty slow charge)
Possibly space blanket or something else that I can use to keep warm/build an impromptu shelter out of
Some sort of like peanuts or something just for energy maybe just a few protein bars
Maybe some cash or something
Possibly at some point I'll pick up a G43x and put that in there as well. Other thought is another Kel-Tec PMR 30 because I can carry that with 60 rounds and it is so damn light

Picture is of the bag with ACE plus mags (but before the other stuff I've added). I couldn't find a link to purchase for anyone interested

Attachments

• BOB.jpg
    BOB.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom