• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bug out bag list help -

These lists are a good starting point but there is a lot more that goes into sustainability. Do you have a place where you are going (BOL)? What are you likely to encounter enroute (urban areas, mountains, desert, etc.)? Are you driving? If so is your vehicle rigged to get there (siphone, gas can, water, etc.)? How far are you going? Do you have rally points for family? Do you travel for work? Etc. etc.
You have to tailor your gear to your needs and expectations. Food, shelter, clothing, security, comms, etc. are the starting point.
When I built mine I came up with the plan first and then built the gear around that. I also live in hurricane country, so my gear is also built around bugging in.
Just my 2 cents.

That list is going to be very different for everyone. Everybody makes plans to bug out but where will everyone go ? Those forests, lakes and mountains are going to get awful crowded quickly

1. Gun & ~200 rounds
2. Fixed Blade full tang knife >4"
3. Fire Starters (bic lighters x3, 6" Striker Stick)
4. Change of clothes or at minimum socks and base layers
5. Tarp 10x10
6. cordage (~50-100' parachord, Spool of bank line)
7. SS water bottles x2 (>32 oz each)
8. SS Camp pot, metal spork
9. Wool Blanket
10. Contractor trash bag, 55 Gal 6mil x2
11. MRE x3
12. Compass, and knowledge of how to use it
13. Useful Map

Thats a start. Lots of videos on the subject on YT and even more threads on forums with others opinions.

water filters
water bottle
stainless cup/pot/pan
lighter
First Aid, tape, antiseptic, bandages, scissors, ibuprofen etc...
Multitool
100 rounds of 9mm per person
Glock 26, holster
Glock 17 mags or 33 rounders
Eno hammock in a bag
parachord
Foldable shovel
10x10 tarp
4"-6" Blade or small hatchet
change of clothing
socks
Flashlight
New batteries
Emergency food stuffs
If you can, Non-spill gas can (5 gal) is a good idea
battery powered radios for 2 way communication

need more details, like how old you are, if you have a family, if you have kids, what your normal commute is like, etc etc etc.

without that, might as well pack vodka, snickers, cash, and a 50 cal.

Back
Top Bottom