• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

BS at Governors gun Clubs

The bozos at Academy "carded" me at the cash register just trying to buy some bore cleaner one day. I said "why the hell do you need to see ID for this??". The 18 year old girl just gave me a blank stare and said "the system requires ID for this, you need to be over 21" or some such BS. I too walked out and never returned. Good grief...
You probably look like a paint huffer.

I haven't read through all these posts, but if they all relate to the Governors gun club at Hiram/Powder Springs, the employee attitude there is extremely arrogant and unfriendly if they don't know you, my stepson is a Sheriff deputy and went there a few years back with his wife for her to shoot a pistol he had purchased for her, he stated the Range officer was not only arrogant but overly rude as well, and he's been around many Range officers and training officers, he and I recently went in there to see what pistols they had in stock , as he was looking for a G34, when we walked up to the counter where blue line guns were, the guy behind the counter said and I quote " you can't even look at these guns " you'll have to look at the other counter , to which my stepson asked " why "? employee stated " unless you're law enforcement or military I can't show you these " ,, he did change his tune somewhat when my stepson pulled out his badge,,, but the employee never apologized for his attitude or demeanor prior,,,, as a result he or I will NEVER frequent that place again, he did buy a G34 from another store that is much,much more customer friendly,

I used to work/instruct/train at the Kennesaw location, go there you won't have any of the listed problems. The powder springs location is the "red-headed step child" also, if OSHA walked into Powder Springs, that place would be shut down. There's way too much lead in the air on their indoor pistol/rifle ranges. Save yourself the headache, and lead poisoning and just use their Kennesaw location.
Do you know that for a fact? If so, how? OSHA monitors indoor gun ranges very stringently

I used to work/instruct/train at the Kennesaw location, go there you won't have any of the listed problems. The powder springs location is the "red-headed step child" also, if OSHA walked into Powder Springs, that place would be shut down. There's way too much lead in the air on their indoor pistol/rifle ranges. Save yourself the headache, and lead poisoning and just use their Kennesaw location.

no pun intended

An ex employee from the Powder Springs location got let go and contacted OSHA to try and shut them down. By law an employee is supposed to be trained properly, get blood tests before ever handling lead, and regularly after that. Having speaking from experience I was never trained on anything and was told to go change the filters for the lead traps/ventilation behind the backstop of the pistol/rifle lanes. Only thing I was given was a pair of gloves. So yes they violate OSHA laws often.
Ok. That has absolutely zero to do with your prior claim. Love the exaggeration. Does great for 2a.

Now that's funny.......Worked at a LGS with an indoor range for 7 years and never once had anyone from OSHA walk in the building
When they walk in the door, it's DSOh0Wgvhzkn6.gif (370×208) (wp.com). They're the ones responsible for the signs on those new UV hand sanitizers in schools, etc. that have the "Don't put your penis in here" labels..

Back
Top Bottom