• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Browning Hi Power fanatics! Post em up!

Looks beautiful! Which of the blues did you select from Ford's?

They tried to put it back to as close to factory spec as they could, which is deluxe on the flats and matte on the rounds. My brother dropped off a S&W revolver for the master blue at the same time, which ought to turn out amazing. If you go to their shop in Crystal River, Carissa (sp?) is pretty awesome and I have asked her what she thinks I should have done. She's 2 for 2 so far.

These are not beauty queens but all great shooters. As someone here already quoted: Imitation is the highest form for flattery... I offer up a few unauthorized Hi-Power clones/copies manufactured my FEG in Budapest Hungary.
Bottom right: Model PJK-9HP, manufactured in the early 70's, B prefix five digit s/n, imported by KBI in the late 80's, very faithful copy of the 1965 Standard Belgium made HP.
Mid left: Mauser Model 80.SA, eight digit s/n, this unit was manufactured by FEG for Mauser in the early 70's and is basically identical to the PJK-9HP. My research indicates FEG manufactured HP clones for Luger as well, never found one, still looking.
Top right: Model P9M, G prefix five digit s/n, imported by CAI in the early 90's, at this point FEG has added its own flavor, note the external changes to the slide stop and safety, closer look shows no cross bolt leading to internal changes including a S&W operating design. Some do not consider this one a copy/clone at all, others would agree that visually its damn close. Thanks for allowing me to nerd out ODT
IMG_1313.jpg
IMG_1312.jpg
IMG_1311.jpg
IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg

The FN/Browning Hi-Power and Argentina. Showing three examples of the famed pistol, each with a bit of twist. In the early 60's Argentine is looking to replace their aging mil and police service units, why not the FN Hi-Power. A custom order was placed through FN Belgium. This first unit was marked specifically Policia Prov. BS Aires-61 and yep that's 1961. Note the internal extractor but missing thumbprint (second photo, bottom set), FN only produced this version for a few years before going to the external and no thumbprint. There is heavy usage on this shown unit, actual history on this one has to be ugly. (top photo bottom unit)

So Argentine liked the Hi-Powers so much they decided to manufacture under license, the tooling and specifications direct guidance from FN Belgium. Next up is the Argentine made authorized Hi-Power copy commonly know as Rosario (bottom photo's three and four). Rosario models were produced from 1969-1989 by Direccion General Fabrications Militaries or FM at their arms factory, Fabrica Armas Portatiles Domingo F. Matheu in Rosario. Note the DGFM and Licencia FN Browning on left side, ring hammer and internal extractor. S/N sequence differs from factory FN HP units. (top photo middle unit)

One more: we can do it better and for less, welcome the M90 and 95. This is an unauthorized Hi-Power copy with a bit of Argentine design flair. Once the license agreement ran it course, FM just kept producing Hi-Powers. Note the FM Hi-Power Industria Argentina, no FN markings. Distinguishing features are the shallow slide cutout, wider cut serrations and a full length bevel at top of slide (bottom photo's five and six). Six digit s/n sequence remains the same. Compact or Detective versions were produced as well. Quality remains excellent, one of my fav shooter. (top photo top unit)

BTW there's a ton of good and bad info written on the hi-power, read many many pages. Please keep in mind, im just a collector and certainly no expert. Thanks ODT

Attachments

• IMG_1557.jpg
    IMG_1557.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1558.jpg
    IMG_1558.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1562.jpg
    IMG_1562.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1563.jpg
    IMG_1563.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1565.jpg
    IMG_1565.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1567.jpg
    IMG_1567.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1568.jpg
    IMG_1568.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 23
20191221_202856.jpg
Isreali Hi-power refinished and tuned up by Arizona Response Systems.Teflon type finish inside and out is slicker than dog snot.Nite sights,cylinder and slide trigger;magazine safety removed, and Uncle Mikes very well made slim line grips.One of my very favorites....we definitely have good chemistry

I just saw this thread and will play along....It is hard to follow TommyT...but I will try...all weapons posted are Outstanding!

Attachments

• 20210118_112922(1).jpg
    20210118_112922(1).jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20210118_113001.jpg
    20210118_113001.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 20210118_113039.jpg
    20210118_113039.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom