• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

browning buckmark- shoots great, breaks down like crap and made out of plastic

C96 Mauser.... They are a pain in the ass.

However my number one hated pistol to tear down and put back together is a 70s era Stoger Luger in .22.

Even the mention of that pistol in my shop is enough to summon forth a string of profanity and cause wrenches to levitate across the room, rapidly accelerating in the direction of whoever spoke those heinous words.

They're cheap. Just do it. Ergos similar to a VP9. Trigger similar to a PPQ M2. Even Taurus on a cheap gun figured out how to make a striker fired trigger better than a glock. Lol

BAD influence......
4C59D387-8A0D-448E-A1B3-B762B3AC0B35.jpeg

Once again you talk about stuff I have never even heard of. So this thing is legit? I've blown $200 on far worse I can assure you.
Did a quick write-up a few months ago on another site.

Mar 21, 2019
  • Add bookmark
Can't hardly believe it, but I bought a Taurus today. First Taurus I have ever purchased. Why? I like the idea of a full size 22lr trainer. And 16 rd mags. And it is cheap. I just got done putting 250 rds through it. 200 rds of blazer and 50 rds of American Eagle 45 grain "suppressor." 1 single failure to feed in the first mag run through it.

First impressions. I like the grip. A lot. Feels like a cross between a Sig 226 and an HK VP9. The texturing on the grip is perfect. Enough for a great purchase, but not overkill, ie Gen 2.0 M&P.

Machining is nice. Good lines, no rough edges. The molding of the frame is great as well.

Trigger. Excellent for what it is. Much better than a glock. Has some mush, Glock boys call it take up, hit a wall, then crisp break. Nice, short reset. Trigger is reminiscent of the VP9 trigger, although I'd say the break and reset is better on the Taurus.

Mags. Wish they were metal, but 16 rds is just what the doctor ordered. Tired of the 10 rounders in everything else. Although polymer, they ran smooth and drop free.

My biggest complaint are the poly sights. You can get replacements though, so not the end of the world. Keeps the entry costs down, and those that want better sights can easily put on some TFO's or whatever they may like. Like any new Taurus, you only get a 1 year warranty.

Gotta say, I'm impressed. Accurate gun. So far reliable. Good trigger. They thought things out nicely, even some small details like the slide catch catching on steel instead of the aluminum frame pretty much like all other 22 guns. Clean shooting gun, maybe the fact that it ejects from the slide kept gunk off me and my face, not quite sure, but I don't look like I've been shooting a suppressed 22 handgun.

Time will tell, but I think Taurus hit it out of the park, all things considered.

Back
Top Bottom