• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Break in - can you shoot ?

I scare and am threatened terribly easy - The thought of someone breaking into my house terrifies me

I may have PTSD afterwards

Y’all pay attention - you may be subpoenaed later

It ain't about YOU.
It's what is REASONABLE to an even-tempered, rational, thoughtful person who finds himself in that same situation you did.
You over-reacting due to your own mental issues is NOT a defense. It's a mitigating factor that might get you less prison time, if you get convicted of something other than murder. (Murder carries an automatic life penalty, no term of years).

It ain't about YOU.
It's what is REASONABLE to an even-tempered, rational, thoughtful person who finds himself in that same situation you did.
You over-reacting due to your own mental issues is NOT a defense. It's a mitigating factor that might get you less prison time, if you get convicted of something other than murder. (Murder carries an automatic life penalty, no term of years).

LOL

It all depends on the jurisdiction one lives under these days. The law as is written its subject to interpretation, specially in blue areas. God help one in a situation of any kind, if they are the wrong color, are registered and votes for the opposition, overzealous DA's, media exposure, officer discretion, likes or dislikes, etc. These days is no longer about right or wrong anymore. The Courts are pact with activist Judges, lawyers are payed big $$$ to drag cases thru the system only to end in "I am sorry...we have done everything we can" after you are broke.
The Castle Doctrine is a step forward. However, until that day when discretion in prosecution, media lies and spinning of the truth, political bias and influence, corruption, division, hate and hunger for power continues without changes it will all still be a crap shoot.

First you should dial 911 and request a vioence mediator to come and negotiate on your behalf, after which the mediator can then peacefully resolve the situation or bring in the police so that they can arrest him for a short time until he is released by the DA, who refuses to prosecute.

Back
Top Bottom