• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Break in - can you shoot ?

Perfectly legal to shoot an intruder in Florida.
The benchmark is being “in fear for your life”.
If someone breaks in, that mark is met, especially if he’s armed with anything.

Why is this a ****ing debate? Man broke into your house in the middle of the night. A completely unnatural occurance that goes against any reasonable human beings basic instinct. Theres no other conclusion that can REASONABLY be had by any REASONABLE HUMAN BEING that the intruder has nothing but bad intentions when they've already gone to the extremes of entering your home uninvited. Its absolutely asinine to for any moron with a degree not under that type of duress to ever assume any regular human being thats facing such uniquely extraordinary circumstances would be able to exercise the letter of the law.

The "lawyer" in this thread sounds like a prosecutor by the fact that he tries to define whats legal and not legal in theory and writing and not via practical or prior precedence of the law which is why castle doctrine was even established.

If there's an intruder in your house , are you seriously gonna sit there and interview a dead man?

Guys, this is Georgia. People who shoot home intruders in their home, in the act, don’t get in trouble.

Old lady on my moms old street shot a man who broke into her home. She called the police. He was arrested when he checked into the hospital with a bullet wound. End of story. Gwinnett PD actually sat in front of her house in shifts for a few days because she was scared.

street violence / self defense / any thing out in the “wild” I wouldn’t be so sure.

either way, I signed up for USCCA just in case. A little Peace of mind

Why is this a ****ing debate? Man broke into your house in the middle of the night. A completely unnatural occurance that goes against any reasonable human beings basic instinct. Theres no other conclusion that can REASONABLY be had by any REASONABLE HUMAN BEING that the intruder has nothing but bad intentions when they've already gone to the extremes of entering your home uninvited. Its absolutely asinine to for any moron with a degree not under that type of duress to ever assume any regular human being thats facing such uniquely extraordinary circumstances would be able to exercise the letter of the law.

The "lawyer" in this thread sounds like a prosecutor by the fact that he tries to define whats legal and not legal in theory and writing and not via practical or prior precedence of the law which is why castle doctrine was even established.

If there's an intruder in your house , are you seriously gonna sit there and interview a dead man?

Damn, man, if my reading comprehension were so low, I'd be ashamed to post in public.

You didn't understand the point of the hypothetical, of course.

Re-read this part again:

"Can you legitimately shoot them as you believe they are about to injure or kill your dog ?"

The question presented was NOT about shooting to defend your castle, or your own life / safety. It was about saving the dog from injury at the hands of the intruder.

And you conveniently overlooked (or just didn't understand?) my discussion of the castle doctrine. The law used the term "habitation" rather than "castle" but I thought you'd know they mean the same thing in our Ga code.

Damn, man, if my reading comprehension were so low, I'd be ashamed to post in public.

You didn't understand the point of the hypothetical, of course.

Re-read this part again:

"Can you legitimately shoot them as you believe they are about to injure or kill your dog ?"

The question presented was NOT about shooting to defend your castle, or your own life / safety. It was about saving the dog from injury at the hands of the intruder.
Bro. Shut up

If an uninvited person breaks into my house in the middle of the night. I will finally be able to test out my 12 gauge fragmenting slugs. I’m the judge and jury in my house regardless of the law. I don’t have time to wake up Splashwater on my face and have a cuppa coffee and then I ask are you here to do me harm mysterious unwelcome person that has broke into my house late at night? I was always told by my law enforcement buddies. Kill’em the dead doesn’t testify.

Back
Top Bottom