• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Brass Monkey Bullets discount code

Titegroup with Winchester primers

Gotta work with what ya got, but Titegroup is less than ideal for lead and coated bullets due to the heat created. Causes lots of smoking. All the other faster pistol powders will be better. Just something to consider when it’s time to buy more powder, if Titegroup is all you have on hand.

Titegroup with Winchester primers
Cool. If you’re going for a “minor” load for competitive shooting, 3.5-3.6 grains would probably be pretty close.

Gotta work with what ya got, but Titegroup is less than ideal for lead and coated bullets due to the heat created. Causes lots of smoking. All the other faster pistol powders will be better. Just something to consider when it’s time to buy more powder, if Titegroup is all you have on hand.
I don’t disagree with what you’re saying… but TG is probably one of the most used powders in competitive shooting… and most are usually shooting coated bullets. It works fine… but also not my first choice.

Shooters World CleanShot or Alliant Sport Pistol are my go-to powders.

When I first started loading my own ammo 2.5-3 years ago affordability and availability were the most important factors to me. TG was readily availability at my local Academy, and it was frequently on sale for $19/pound, so I (thankfully) stocked up well before the current scarcity. I haven’t had to buy powder in over a year, and I still have 6-7 lbs on hand. I might experiment in the future when other options are available, but for now TG isn’t holding me back.

The 700 9mm 150gr flat nose that I ordered are supposed to be here tomorrow. Most will go into 9mm, and some will be for starting to load .350 Legend.

Back
Top Bottom