• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Boys Back in 1975 Vs Boys Today in 2021

Yep, today kids don't even know what a manual shift is.....I learned on a @68 C10 3 on a tree. My first 3 cars where manual shift, steering, and brakes....2 didn't have AC. I think everyone should learn on a manual, then you can drive anything. Heck I was driving a tractor @10yrs old, a 9N I think it was

That was the first brand new truck my father bought, I-6, 3 on the tree, A/m radio, no options at all. My brother and I went with him to pick it up - buying a new vehicle was not a common event in our household.

I remember it was raining hard, and my father complaining on the way home that he couldn't believe that he had to pay more than $2K for a new truck.

Then came to find out the dealership put enough gas in the tank to drive if off the lot - this was back in the day when there wasn't a convenience store on every corner.

Do you remember riding in the Country Squire "woody" with the seat folded down a slick thing blanket covering the metal hinge road tripping on curvy roads in the rain while pops was smoking lucky strikes? you would get out high and bruised like a banana that went through the warsher.. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom