• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bowel blockage

Jopples

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
Banned Permanently
5   0
Reaction score
My father in law and I get along great, better than my own father and I ever did. He's a Navy veteran and has a great sense of humor
He had intense abdominal pain and had to be rushed to the hospital. They mri'd him and found a bowel blockage. We were worried sick thinking he was going to require surgery
A surgeon was called in and it was decided they should "try" a hospital strength laxative before attempting surgery. On the second day it worked.... inside the mri, he's only wearing a gown, the laxative takes effect and his "blockage" was turbo'd out.. BOOM !
He **** all over the place. I feel bad for the staff that cleaned that mess up
They kept him for another 24 hours observation and he's home now and doing fine

I'm already thinking about his birthday and Christmas gifts, maybe buy him 1 stock in Depend's adult diapers, a case of baby wipes, any suggestions ?
I'm very glad he's ok but now I can't let him live this down

I had a buddy who had something of a similar problem. The doctors said that his blockage was a situation where his intestine had created an Intussusception where part of the intestine slides into an adjacent part of the intestine.
ds00694_-ds00798_-ds00823_im00711_ans7_intussusceptionthu_jpg.jpg

After the surgery while recovering. He found out there was a non surgical procedure that used compressed gases they could have used.

Of course then the surgeon wouldn't get paid for a surgery.

My father in law and I get along great, better than my own father and I ever did. He's a Navy veteran and has a great sense of humor
He had intense abdominal pain and had to be rushed to the hospital. They mri'd him and found a bowel blockage. We were worried sick thinking he was going to require surgery
A surgeon was called in and it was decided they should "try" a hospital strength laxative before attempting surgery. On the second day it worked.... inside the mri, he's only wearing a gown, the laxative takes effect and his "blockage" was turbo'd out.. BOOM !

I'm already thinking about his birthday and Christmas gifts, maybe buy him 1 stock in Depend's adult diapers, a case of baby wipes, any suggestions ?

I guess it all depends on y'alls relationship and his sense of humor. Me personally, I've spent 2 days in the hospital on 2 separate occasions ****ting all over myself and the bed from a bad allergic reaction to a prescribed medication...I would be hurt and angry if someone poked fun at me bc of it, it was the worst experience of my life.

I had a buddy who had something of a similar problem. The doctors said that his blockage was a situation where his intestine had created an Intussusception where part of the intestine slides into an adjacent part of the intestine.
ds00694_-ds00798_-ds00823_im00711_ans7_intussusceptionthu_jpg.jpg

After the surgery while recovering. He found out there was a non surgical procedure that used compressed gases they could have used.

Of course then the surgeon wouldn't get paid for a surgery.
Waaaaaaay TMI!

When I was in Iceland, I developed serious abdominal pain. It reached the point I finally went to see our squadron flight surgeon (I was the maintenance officer for the 57th FIS). After an exam and X-Ray, he sat me down with a serious look on his face. He said, "Just as all the pilots in the squadron suspected, you're full of shyte." He laughed, then gave me two bottles of industrial strength laxatives to drink at home. Everybody's a comedian.

Sounds like my father in law and my relationship. He takes jokes pretty good so I'd totally do that in this situation.

Back
Top Bottom