• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Booze/Coffee/Cigarettes

I don’t drink, nor do I smoke...I do drink my fair share of coffee. After reading the entire series by William R Forstchen (One Second After; One Year After; The Final Day) - I’m thinking about adding a few bottles of booze, a few carton of cigs and plenty of coffee for bartering.

Also - the series was recommended by someone on the ODT...if you are looking for a few good reads, these were really good.
Add to your reading list Animal Farm & 1984 by George Orwell.
Read up on making shine & wine.
I'll take my flatlands over y'all's mountains to survive. I guess it's knowing your territory. I liked the posts you've made & hope you can escape Atlanta area if shtf. Pack yourself a RUN bag and try to keep it light enough to get to a temporary safe spot. Run away then fight when it's in your favor

One of the few things I've been wanting to pick up for such an event is a small still.

I bought one of those water distillation systems myself. Add some yeast and grains to your preps for making bread, and sugar for your sweet tooth. You'll have fresh water, bread and whatever else you can think of. :D

The books also mentions salt as being a good bartering tool. I keep a few 40 lbs bags of rock salt for inclement weather and such. Someone got traded for salt in that series (no spoilers).

I like those preps that have multiple uses.

Sounds like a good read, gonna pick up the series now.

I've already read most of the Going Home series. One of the few things I've been wanting to pick up for such an event is a small still. Sooner or later the bottles you bought to barter will deplete and you'll loose those "customers"....but if you can produce it then they'll be bring their own bottle along with items to swap with.

Those same people will hesitate to steal your corn if they know it'll go towards the liquor.

sidebar. if you do a lot of driving you can listen to the book via youtube. i bought a hard copy, and then discovered the audio book on youtube(free of charge) as well.

sidebar. if you do a lot of driving you can listen to the book via youtube. i bought a hard copy, and then discovered the audio book on youtube(free of charge) as well.

I've been using the books as a reason to limit my internet usage, worst thing for me during inflation is to see things I might want to buy online.

Also, I prefer not to listen to anything while driving. Helps me organize my thoughts with no distractions to influence what I'm thinking about.

I don’t drink, nor do I smoke...I do drink my fair share of coffee. After reading the entire series by William R Forstchen (One Second After; One Year After; The Final Day) - I’m thinking about adding a few bottles of booze, a few carton of cigs and plenty of coffee for bartering.

Also - the series was recommended by someone on the ODT...if you are looking for a few good reads, these were really good.
Great books! I have listened to them a couple of times over the years..

Back
Top Bottom