Bolting a safe to the floor

2005Redfire6

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
107   0
Reaction score
Hey guys, me and my dad recently tried to bolt my Stack-on 14 gun safe to the concrete the other day and the bolts that came with it just wouldn't hold enough to my liking. We were still able to rock the safe despite it being in a small closet and rip the bolts out of the ground. How do you guys have your safes mounted to the floor and what type of hardware did you use?

hey, i have bolted a couple of safes down. it is really easy with the right tools. get a hammer drill with a carbide drill bit, drill the holes about 4" deep, vaccumm out all the dust. pop in a concrete wedge anchor, then screw your bolts down tight. i bet if i was there i could do it in 10 minutes. good luck.

Thanks for the info guys, I will try the epoxy and the red heads I have heard of using these as well.

With the wedge anchors you dont need the epoxy. If you you 1/2 they are rated for 750lbs each if i recall correctly.

Depending on your safe you may want to use large washers between the safe floor and the nut to make sure you cannot pull the nut through the usually thinner floor materiel.

My advice is to also bolt it to the wall. it is very hard to start the rocking if it is secure in two dimensions.
No matter what you do, floor bolts only are going to have the leverage of the safe to help work them loose.

Back
Top Bottom