• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

'Boiling Crawfish' restaurant

There is a place, on 120 just east of Tavern 120. It's a little hole in the wall seafood shop/restaurant. I think it's Vietnamese owned. I used to stop by there on the way home and pickup 2 lbs of boiled crawfish and 1lb of large shrimp and for $3 extra, he would throw in corn and potatoes. The whole thing was $23. Yum!!! I can never remember the name of the place though, it's right behind a TitleMax in a tiny plaza.

Are you talking about the little place right next door to Kroger at east lake? I've had a couple shrimp po boys from that shop and they were edible. But the shrimp were a little small and bready.

My litmus is the crawfish etoufee. I don't know why either because despite Herculean efforts I've yet to find one remotely palatable outside of home. :yield:
I made my first batch of etoufee a couple of weeks ago (been craving some for a long time). It was shrimp etoufee, but I thought it turned out pretty darn good!

Are you talking about the little place right next door to Kroger at east lake? I've had a couple shrimp po boys from that shop and they were edible. But the shrimp were a little small and bready.

Not the same place, this place is not near a Krogers. It looks more like a seafood market, but they have 4 to 5 tables, and they will cook the seafood for you if you want to eat there.

The only two places that seem to be authentic with good reviews are so danged far away I've not made it to either place yet.
http://www.chefhenrys.com/
and
http://gabesdowntown.com/
I may just have to suck up the drive and do it.

made the long ass journey up to henrys on tuesday.........total disappointment. i even left them a review. i gave them 3 stars, and that was only because the service we got from our waitress was outstanding.....the food fell flat.......

if i based it off of their food, they would have only gotten a 1 star.

it was at about 3 in the afternoon.....if they can't nail it off peak time, i doubt they would have done any better during a rush.

Y'all are missing out if you have not tried this place.

http://www.lesbontempslouisianakitchen.com/

checking out their website i came across this:

Meet The Chef

Executive Chef, Adam Kimball, is the culinary genius behind Les Bon Temps Louisiana Kitchen. Inspired by the delicious cuisine of New Orleans and his overall love for cooking, he jumped at the chance to run his very own Cajun/Creole kitchen. It has always been his dream. Chef Adam is a graduate of Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Atlanta. He has used his extensive experience in the culinary field to help create his vision of Les Bon Temps Louisiana Kitchen. Chef Adam has a true appreciation for Cajun/Creole cuisine that clearly shines through in his food. Come on in and give it a try! You'll be glad you did.

no where does it say he's cajun/creole, from Louisiana, or even been........learned how to cook in atlanta and likes cajun food, neither are good qualifiers......i'll hold onto my doubts about this one too

Back
Top Bottom