• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

'Boiling Crawfish' restaurant

Haven't eaten there but saw this place which is a few blocks going south. What's up with Buford Hwy and a sudden influx of C-Aysians? lol

http://www.crawfishshackseafood.com/about/
https://www.facebook.com/CrawfishShackAtlanta/

As far as I'm concern, competition is good and I won't knock them until I've tried them myself. There was a time when finding crawfish or begneits were darn near impossible in Atlanta, that or you'd have to drive half way around the world. Now if only someone would sell me some cracklin!!!!
The only prob, as GeauxLSU has alluded to, is the source of their crawfish. An awful lot of Asian crawfish is flooding the market....

The only prob, as GeauxLSU has alluded to, is the source of their crawfish. An awful lot of Asian crawfish is flooding the market....

i remember being a kid and goin with my friend flipping rocks all day catching them and carrying them home in sacks.....

Also Bayou Boil, Boiling Crawfish, Boiling Crab are all Chinese or Vietnamese owned and operated. I'd vouch for the owners, they are all great, especially at Bayou. But its not an authentic cajun experience. You have to take it for what it is, somewhat spicy seafood cooked by asians influenced by Americans.

There is a place, on 120 just east of Tavern 120. It's a little hole in the wall seafood shop/restaurant. I think it's Vietnamese owned. I used to stop by there on the way home and pickup 2 lbs of boiled crawfish and 1lb of large shrimp and for $3 extra, he would throw in corn and potatoes. The whole thing was $23. Yum!!! I can never remember the name of the place though, it's right behind a TitleMax in a tiny plaza.

Exactly. I don't trust Asian fish I sure as heck don't trust Asian crawfish and lawd-a-mercy if the rumors are true! :tape2: :yuck:
I admit I used to buy frozen Chinese crawfish tail meat as that was all that was available locally. No mas. It's just nasty.

Also Bayou Boil, Boiling Crawfish, Boiling Crab are all Chinese or Vietnamese owned and operated. I'd vouch for the owners, they are all great, especially at Bayou. But its not an authentic cajun experience. You have to take it for what it is, somewhat spicy seafood cooked by asians influenced by Americans.

Yeah, kind of like eating at PF Chang's, all their cooks are Mexicans!

Exactly. I don't trust Asian fish I sure as heck don't trust Asian crawfish and lawd-a-mercy if the rumors are true! :tape2: :yuck:
I admit I used to buy frozen Chinese crawfish tail meat as that was all that was available locally. No mas. It's just nasty.

I have not heard about asian crawfish, but just about 100% of shrimp you buy from a Supermarket or eat at a local asian restaurant comes from overseas where they farm it. My understanding is they are full of antibiotics. I have stop eating shrimp because of that unless the head is still on which is usually from FL.

I ate there a week ago. There was a change in ownership about 2 years back but it was definitely for the better.
Shrimp and grits is great. Good food all around.

The owner gets his crawdads fresh from LA when in season - not flown in from China.

It was a partnership and the original owner left for family reasons I believe. Great place to eat I meet my Dad there regularly for lunch on the weekends.

Back
Top Bottom