• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

'Boiling Crawfish' restaurant

had crawfish there and it was the best I have ever had
You sure you didn't mean it was the ONLY you've ever had. ;)
You can come over if I ever get aggravated enough to make the road trip and bring some back and boil them myself.
Boudreaux's is NOT good. I've tried all three of his locations (because I'm a slow learner). He keeps moving and the food stays the same. Pitiful. But at least he's overpriced. :)

I have eaten there, it is pretty good. Out of the 5+ times I have only had one less than great experience and I would not call it bad. They brought out my food and it was wrong so they let me keep it and brought out the correct food so I'd call that a win. The Bayou Boil is great in flavor but at times their kitchen can be slow... And the boiling crab is OK as well, I like one of the chinese waitress there, she's funny as all get out but the food is so so.

Also as far as the poor english goes you can expect the same at the restaurant. It is a true FOB owner, he's pretty cool though. Always nice to see an immigration success story.

I have a Louisiana-born coworker who swears by Henry's. I've also heard that Gumbeaux's Cajun Cafe is very good. But not willing to drive to Douglasville to check it out. If you just want a fried oyster or shrimp Po-Boy, I'm pretty fond of Atlanta Highway Seafood up in G'ville. They make them with Leidenheimer's French Bread!
Both are absolutely great, went to Henry's Saturday and had the Jambalaya and as always i was great, the wife had Flash fried Shrimp. Gumbeaux's is awesome too.

I've also heard that Gumbeaux's Cajun Cafe is very good. But not willing to drive to Douglasville to check it out.

i live 2 minutes from there and not willing to drive there. once upon a time they were good, but that's been a long time......back before the lost their cook and was in the other location next door.

Haven't eaten there but saw this place which is a few blocks going south. What's up with Buford Hwy and a sudden influx of C-Aysians? lol

http://www.crawfishshackseafood.com/about/
https://www.facebook.com/CrawfishShackAtlanta/

As far as I'm concern, competition is good and I won't knock them until I've tried them myself. There was a time when finding crawfish or begneits were darn near impossible in Atlanta, that or you'd have to drive half way around the world. Now if only someone would sell me some cracklin!!!!

Back
Top Bottom