• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Body Armor

I think body armor is important.
But it's not fun, not enjoyable to wear, certainly not enjoyable to "train" in while doing shooting or other physical activities that might involve ducking, squatting, running, etc.

That being said, I think a person who wants to be better prepared to confront a bad guy, if the scenario allows you a few minutes to prep (enough time to go into your gun safe and get out your baddest weapons, ought to have body armor in there.

The best body armor is a combination of both soft armor that covers your entire torso (with a few necessary gaps around your armpits and such), AND some hard plates over the center of your vitals.
Hard plates alone don't appeal to me because they have much less coverage (in surface area-- square inches) than soft vests.

I like running around with it. Good exercise. Plus, if you've been paying attention for the past 4-5 years, you'll know that SHTF is only a matter of when. My advice is buy the best you can afford. I settled on Hesco 3810 plates. NIJ rated to stop M855 (SS109) and they weigh 3.9 lbs. per plate.

PXL_20210108_003440229.jpg

I like running around with it. Good exercise. Plus, if you've been paying attention for the past 4-5 years, you'll know that SHTF is only a matter of when. My advice is buy the best you can afford. I settled on Hesco 3810 plates. NIJ rated to stop M855 (SS109) and the weigh 3.9 lbs. a piece.

View attachment 3061529
I agree I drop 800 on a IOTV and more on the steal plates another 400$ on a ACH helmet. It’s heavy as all get out it’s not a active shooter/quick runner vest, it’s same issue for service infantrymen.

Back
Top Bottom