BMW s1000r

JDG.

Default rank 5000+ posts
Silent Professional
165   0
Reaction score
Ok time for me to get a new bike. Coming from numerous different types of bikes most recently a zx14r. Looking to see if anyone has had any expierence with a BMW S1000R. this may be my next go around.
bmw-s1000r-2014-3g.jpg

what do you want to do with the bike? I've got two friends with S1000rr's (one a track only race bike with lots of mods, the other an HP4 that's mostly used on the track). neither is a great street bike but again it depends upon what you want to do. The "R" model is much nicer IMHO than the RR but I have always liked Tuonos and other naked bikes. The ergos are much easier to handle all day in the saddle if that's your thing.

IMHO (again depending upon what you want to do and what style you like) it's worth considering the following:

S1000r
tuono v4 (new version of it announced at EICMA this year, looks nice, I like the V four as well)
1290 Super Duke (my personal choice for my next bike, I like the twins vs. the 4 cylinders)

most of these bikes are overkill for the street but they are fun to ride. I find the V-twin motors (and a bit more of the V-four) are just easier and more fun to ride around town. The instant torque of the twin means I don't have to spool it up to 12k rpm to have fun (which on my CBR even in first was enough to send you to jail). I sold my CBR1000rr recently and miss it on some days but I ride my DS bike more often anyway. I only used the CBR for track days and the occasional jaunt to the hills. my 100hp dirt bike is enough enjoyment for now. :)

Back
Top Bottom