• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blue Bullets - 9mm

Titegroup is said to burn at hotter temperatures than other powders, and is therefore not the best choice for non jacketed bullets. I think it is a great powder for just about everything. But, I stay away from it in the 40S&W, only because it is capable of being double, maybe even triple charged in some 40 loads.
That’s my biggest gripe with titegroup and new reloaders. Especially those seeking min PF loads for competition.

When your load calls for 3.5 grains and the case can hold nearly 10... you’re gonna have someone mess up sooner or later.

I ditched it when I started shooting PCC regularly and the powder charges to hit the velocities I was seeking dipped below 3 grains.

i have recovered many of my powder costed bullets that has been shot with titegroup and the powder coating on the base is just as good as when the bullet went into the case. i have dropped these powder coated bullets back into the lead pot and the powder coating does not burn up in the pot. i have to skim the powder coating out when fluxing.

if you are leading a barrel with any cast lead bullet it is because you don't have the correct size bullet for that barrel. You need to slug the barrel and/or do a chamber cast to find the correct bullet size bullet.

i have recovered many of my powder costed bullets that has been shot with titegroup and the powder coating on the base is just as good as when the bullet went into the case. i have dropped these powder coated bullets back into the lead pot and the powder coating does not burn up in the pot. i have to skim the powder coating out when fluxing.

if you are leading a barrel with any cast lead bullet it is because you don't have the correct size bullet for that barrel. You need to slug the barrel and/or do a chamber cast to find the correct bullet size bullet.
Or it’s over-crimped.

Back
Top Bottom