• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blue Bullets - 9mm

I’ve loaded a bunch of bayou bullets which are green. I never had any problems other than everybody around said they stunk a little. But they perform very well. I shot them through a suppressor and never had any problems with that either. Good luck!

What Dirty J Dirty J says here. Alliant Sport Pistol is my favorite for loading medium-power 9mm rounds (125 gr. bullet at 1050 FPS or so). Low smoke with coated bullets, low flash, consistent metering, and easy cleanup. Hit-or-miss availability on it got me using Shooter's World Clean Shot. It leaves behind some particulate residue but otherwise works great.

I cast and powder coat my bullets. I use titegroup in my match load with my powder coated bullets with no problems. I also have seen on the net that titegroup effects powder coated bullets. I load several thousand rounds a year to stay ahead of match and practice use. So I am running a test with my home made power coated bullets and titegroup. In 2019 I covered some powder coated bullets with titegroup, sealed them In a air tight bag. Every 6 months I break them open to check the powder coating. So far nothing.

I cast and powder coat my bullets. I use titegroup in my match load with my powder coated bullets with no problems. I also have seen on the net that titegroup effects powder coated bullets. I load several thousand rounds a year to stay ahead of match and practice use. So I am running a test with my home made power coated bullets and titegroup. In 2019 I covered some powder coated bullets with titegroup, sealed them In a air tight bag. Every 6 months I break them open to check the powder coating. So far nothing.
The issue isn’t that the actual powder has an effect on the coating.... ;)

Titegroup is a fast burning powder... so the concern is that while firing... the faster/hotter burn rate could be melting the coating off... potentially leading the barrel and/or dirtying your compensator (if equipped) faster.

Titegroup is said to burn at hotter temperatures than other powders, and is therefore not the best choice for non jacketed bullets. I think it is a great powder for just about everything. But, I stay away from it in the 40S&W, only because it is capable of being double, maybe even triple charged in some 40 loads.

Back
Top Bottom