• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blood sugar problems? Read this.

Just had full bloodwork done. Healthy as a horse except for High BP. I feel for you guys with "the sugar". It is getting harder to keep the weight off lately. Keep it up. I know blood sugar is a ticking time bomb just like BP. My BP for my physical was 180/110 Doc doubled my med dose on the spot. Family history of cancer, prostate looked great. But I am going in for the "moon river" exam soon. Waiting for my insurance to approve an epidural injection for my latest back issue. Apparently at one time I had a hairline fracture in my L4 at one time or another. It is aggravating my L4 disc which is falling apart on me. Damn. Getting old is tough. Youth and vitality is wasted on the young.

If you are going to live long enough to get old you better be tough.

If you are going to live long enough to get old you better be tough.

I am learning the hard way. Collecting scars from surgeries seems to be a new hobby of mine. Eventually I will get my next spinal fusion probably in the next year or so. But on the bright side my cholesterol, blood sugar, and all the other thing they check in a physical are great. My Doc said I can look forward to a long life of chronic spine related pain because he thinks I will love a long time.

South Beach diet. I've said it before and will keep saying it. It was written by a retired cardiologist turned nutritionist and it works. Cut those sugar carbs and be healthy. Try it and see. I dare you.

The wife and I started today. Coffee without creamer sucks. Already tired of boneless skinless chicken breast. Will not miss bread, but pasta withdrawals will be tough. Trying to get back to 180lbs. Pass the steamed broccoli :frown:

I'll check the book out! I was a type 2 diabetic for years until this past Dec when I felt really sick and was then diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. The original type 2 wasn't misdiagnosed. In rare cases type 2 can become type 1. I have looked on amazon for diabetic friendly food and did find a lot of Keto stuff. I even ordered a bunch before seeing this thread. For Edog537, there is Skinny Pasta on amazon. I just received it today and will try it out soon. Nice to know I am not the only diabetic on here! Feels nice to know I am not alone!

The wife and I started today. Coffee without creamer sucks. Already tired of boneless skinless chicken breast. Will not miss bread, but pasta withdrawals will be tough. Trying to get back to 180lbs. Pass the steamed broccoli :frown:

Once you start liking coffee black you'll laugh that you used to like creamer

Stick with it! You'll get used to it, and you will become a better cook because of it. I don't miss any of those things most of the time but when I do, I eat them, then go back to business as usual. It's Ok to cheat occasionally, as long as it doesn't become a habit. If you actually read the book it makes a lot of sense and is interesting. Plus it really works. I don't even see it as a diet anymore, just my lifestyle. I lost 50 pounds a couple years back and have kept it off.

Back
Top Bottom