• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blood Pressure

Best 100 bucks a man can spend for his health - I took this to my last physical to make sure it was reading correctly. My doctor really liked the unit and it's accuracy.
6f114311fdfdadddf6bc19490a675ecd.jpg

Sent from my BV4900Pro using Tapatalk

Sitting at 152/96. The coolest thing my boss has done for us at the shop is getting us a BP cuff machine.

All ears, tell us the magically remedy.

I’m guessing eating right and exercise. I don’t think it’s magic as much as common sense. Of course I can’t testify the benefits of them I can tell you where eating crap and not exercising will get you.

This is a good testament here. I'd say most people have high blood pressure. If your doctor is a good chemist, he can find something that works for you and you not feel bad. You just have to communicate and work together to figure it out. If the doc doesn't want to work with you, go to another doctor. I hope you get better soon

Sitting at 152/96. The coolest thing my boss has done for us at the shop is getting us a BP cuff machine.

I’m guessing eating right and exercise. I don’t think it’s magic as much as common sense. Of course I can’t testify the benefits of them I can tell you where eating crap and not exercising will get you.
Absolutely agreed, although some folks inherit high blood pressure that cannot be controlled via diet or exercise - fortunately I have been able to control mine without meds into my early 60's so far. The benefit of this device is the ease of use and captured data that will help identify trends. For example, a good cardio workout lowers BP for hours afterwards, an evening of bourbon drinking will raise it.

Diet and exercise work. I started watching what I eat and exercising January 2020, went up a level in June, my blood pressure dropped, cholesterol went down and dropped close to 40 lbs. No fast food, soda, sugars or bad carbs poultry and raw green leafy vegetables make up most of my diet. Added benefit was my eye pressure went down too.

You have no idea how much I probably need to read this. I have recently stopped taking my meds because I didnt like the way they make me feel. Included in that was BP and Cholesterol meds. Im just down the road from you and 45 not looking to follow in your foot steps.

Congratulations on being in the 3%

It might be that buck muscle. :)
Ask to change your BP meds. Find something that works and makes you feel OK. Tried Losartan+HZ?

Been on my bp meds for years and although I've never had a known symptom, I've never missed taking them. I truly believe that the meds have killed my libido but I'm very thankful that's not the reason my wife married me. Life carries on........... thankful to hear you're slowly improving C ountry C ountry !

Having had high blood pressure for years and pills made me feel worse I ignored it. I figured it would one day cause me to drool, not speak clearly, drag a leg. Typical stroke symptoms. I never expected it to put me in the 3 percent survival club, something worse than a stroke. My aorta split from the upper heart chamber all the way to my kidneys. I've since learned they call it Triple A. I spent over a month in ICU, endured two surgeries and I think maybe died at least once. Other than paralysis I'm doing great, just fine. Trying to learn to walk again, accepting what has changed.
Those of you with high blood pressure, take your medicine. I promise you don't want a stroke, Triple A or whatever.
Take care of yourself, nobody else will.
I mean this sincerely and pun is most definitely intended. Speaking on behalf of ODT....
We are glad you're still kickin'

Plant based diet cures high blood pressure. You guys dont want to give up your bacon, but one day you might end up like this guy.
I had on controable BP for many years even with meds it very often would be 200/100 ..now it 130/70 no meds so what happened no grains, no potatos and no pro Processed sugar .And i stop eating seed oils like sunflower oil. in short a very low carb diet.high in healthy fats..gone is the diabetes and high BP..I'll take bacon over white any time it way better for you...low fat high carb diets drive high blood pressure. and high blood pressure is the frist sign of the diabetes that arrives 15 years later for most people 125 million Americans have diabetes...

Back
Top Bottom