• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blood Pressure

Having had high blood pressure for years and pills made me feel worse I ignored it. I figured it would one day cause me to drool, not speak clearly, drag a leg. Typical stroke symptoms. I never expected it to put me in the 3 percent survival club, something worse than a stroke. My aorta split from the upper heart chamber all the way to my kidneys. I've since learned they call it Triple A. I spent over a month in ICU, endured two surgeries and I think maybe died at least once. Other than paralysis I'm doing great, just fine. Trying to learn to walk again, accepting what has changed.
Those of you with high blood pressure, take your medicine. I promise you don't want a stroke, Triple A or whatever.
Take care of yourself, nobody else will.

Glad you made it. Best wishes for your recovery.

You have no idea how much I probably need to read this. I have recently stopped taking my meds because I didnt like the way they make me feel. Included in that was BP and Cholesterol meds. Im just down the road from you and 45 not looking to follow in your foot steps.

Congratulations on being in the 3%

It might be that buck muscle. :)
Having had a heart attack (congestive heart failure - due to high blood pressure) at 49, because I hadn't seen a Dr for 20 year, I'd recommend making sure you do SOMETHING to deal with it.
I'm on 5 different BP meds (plus others). What helps me the most, though, is physical activity. Walking a mile or so after lunch has more impact than all the meds combined.

a AAA is an abdominal aortic aneurysm which you may very well have, but what you describe sounds like you had an aortic dissection. Scary stuff! and I'm glad you are doing better. Hypertension is nothing to play around with guys
Yes, you're right. It was disecting aorta. I remember them saying that before they put me on the helicopter. Later at Memorial Hospital they told me triple A. Whatever it was I was very lucky.

I was diagnosed with HBP at age 20, on meds about 4 years later. Still on meds 50 years now, and my blood pressure readings are very good. 120/80.

I never considered myself hyper or a Type A personality, took things easy, or so I thought. BP dropped to normal when I retired and quit working.

Still take a couple pills a day, and had a stent "installed" 6 months ago, but for an old fat guy still in pretty good shape.

Best 100 bucks a man can spend for his health - I took this to my last physical to make sure it was reading correctly. My doctor really liked the unit and it's accuracy.
6f114311fdfdadddf6bc19490a675ecd.jpg

Sent from my BV4900Pro using Tapatalk

Having had high blood pressure for years and pills made me feel worse I ignored it. I figured it would one day cause me to drool, not speak clearly, drag a leg. Typical stroke symptoms. I never expected it to put me in the 3 percent survival club, something worse than a stroke. My aorta split from the upper heart chamber all the way to my kidneys. I've since learned they call it Triple A. I spent over a month in ICU, endured two surgeries and I think maybe died at least once. Other than paralysis I'm doing great, just fine. Trying to learn to walk again, accepting what has changed.
Those of you with high blood pressure, take your medicine. I promise you don't want a stroke, Triple A or whatever.
I was wondering how you was…. Glad you are on the mend.
Get well soon !

Wow. Glad you're still kickin'! Good luck with the recovery and the thanks for the reminder.

Back
Top Bottom