• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blackhawk CQC Serpa

Juat picked one up for my 1911. i like it alot. Feel more comfortable with the added security. It carries alright not as good as a leather rig but nothing beats leather

I was issued one of these from my old unit at Fort Drum for my M9. They are good holsters with excellent retention and with practice you can draw from the holster extremely fast!

I use one for both of my Glocks and I like the holster a lot. I use it with and without the paddle attachment depending on the fire arm I am carrying and I must say it carries vary comfortably.

A qualification course requires me to make several 1.75 second times for a controlled pair from the holster. I don't like the retention system. I find myself 10% of the time pulling the gun before I have the tab fully de-activated- then the upward pressure will not allow the tab to be de-activated, requiring me to reseat the pistol, push the button again, and draw. I learned this just getting used to the holster in the first 1/2 hour.

If it happens indoors under administrative no stress conditions, it will probably happen when you really need your pistol out of the holster immediately and the consequences of failure could be ugly.

I use a std level 1 holster. The Blackhawk level one holsters are pretty nice however.

Well, that's kinda the point...the "retention" part. You don't want the bad guy to be able to pull it without pushing the button. It does take some practice. I know this is a complain that others have had. I happen to like mine.

Back
Top Bottom