• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Black Rifle Coffee goes woke, throws customers under the bus in bizarre NYT interview

I love coffee. A bad habit that like many here I picked up in the service.
I honestly don't understand the whole "gourmet" trend. I have different brands that I like but when it comes down to it coffee is coffee. I want mine strong and cheap. The best coffee is the ones you used to get on a cold morning free in hardware stores and repair shops.
I guess as long as people are paying stupid prices for coffee that the economy isn't that bad.
No offense, and I agree that the whole "gourmet" thing doesn't mean squat, but:

If you've ever had fresh, as in roasted 1-2 days ago, coffee, it'll change your mind. I roasted as a hobby / business several years ago and everyone loved fresh coffee. But it doesn't taste like free gas station coffee. It's like 15 year old Glen Livet vs Old Crow.

As to BRC: I spoke with them at the NRA Show is ATL years ago. Nice guy, but all hype with the "roasted at altitude" crap. It wasn't crap coffee, but it wasn't close to being fresh.

Lastly, it appears that now that the owner has his full auto NFA items (see the commercial where he fires a belt fed with a coffee cup on the belt) so he doesn't care about "us" anymore. His "mission" isn't pro-veteran or pro-2nd A, his mission is to make money.

No offense, and I agree that the whole "gourmet" thing doesn't mean squat, but:

If you've ever had fresh, as in roasted 1-2 days ago, coffee, it'll change your mind. I roasted as a hobby / business several years ago and everyone loved fresh coffee. But it doesn't taste like free gas station coffee. It's like 15 year old Glen Livet vs Old Crow.

As to BRC: I spoke with them at the NRA Show is ATL years ago. Nice guy, but all hype with the "roasted at altitude" crap. It wasn't crap coffee, but it wasn't close to being fresh.

Lastly, it appears that now that the owner has his full auto NFA items (see the commercial where he fires a belt fed with a coffee cup on the belt) so he doesn't care about "us" anymore. His "mission" isn't pro-veteran or pro-2nd A, his mission is to make money.
That's fine and I'm glad you enjoy it. It just doesn't do anything for me.
On occasion depending on where I'm at I'll occasionally buy coffee from a cafe or coffee shop and while there's nothing wrong with the product I feel like an idiot paying a premium price for what is still essentially a 10 cent cup of coffee.
It's not that my tastes are that unrefined, I won't eat a poor cut of steak or smoke a cheap cigar and I like my booze aged and mellow but when it comes to coffee...make it strong, make it black and if the spoon stands up in the middle that's an added bonus.
As you can probably tell I'm a fan of espresso and Cuban coffee, a taste I acquired during my service years.

I sat a on board with the chief loan officer of a bank once. Conversation came up about how he evaluated people looking to get a business loan. He said the unwritten rule regardless of the person's credit rating , assets , collateral , cash they brought with them etc came down to the answer of one simple question :

Why do you want to do this ? The only acceptable answer was TO MAKE MONEY.

I sat a on board with the chief loan officer of a bank once. Conversation came up about how he evaluated people looking to get a business loan. He said the unwritten rule regardless of the person's credit rating , assets , collateral , cash they brought with them etc came down to the answer of one simple question :

Why do you want to do this ? The only acceptable answer was TO MAKE MONEY.
Yes, I'm really passionate about not starving.

I always admired their message And the values they supported. Clearly the money got to their head

What message ? They admitted a couple of years ago they don't support the common man owning black rifles . They donate money to democrat organizations like Code Blue, biden and obama. It is a lifestyle brand of make believe

1637890490663.png

Back
Top Bottom