• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Black American Flags

WinstonSmith

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Garthok Narfler
85   0
Reaction score
So, back in the Civil War, a black flag was often raised, research often mentions the Condederate Army doing this but I think it was probably both sides, to show the opposite intentions of a white flag. It's meaning was "No Quarter" "We Will Not Surrender" "We Will Not Give Ground"

I have been seeing people adopting the black American flag and raising them as a symbol that patriots will not give ground and no quarter will be given.

Thought it would be good to put this thread up in case people see a black American flag flying and wonder about the meaning.

Guess I'm late with this thread.

So, back in the Civil War, a black flag was often raised, research often mentions the Condederate Army doing this but I think it was probably both sides, to show the opposite intentions of a white flag. It's meaning was "No Quarter" "We Will Not Surrender" "We Will Not Give Ground"

I have been seeing people adopting the black American flag and raising them as a symbol that patriots will not give ground and no quarter will be given.

Thought it would be good to put this thread up in case people see a black American flag flying and wonder about the meaning.
Guess I'm late with this thread.
I had to look it up a few months back when someone on here ask what it meant.

my flags
flags conf & usa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom