• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bitter sweet day as my oldest leaves for Alaska

3 happy customers on the Kenai.
Screenshot_20200724-085641_Chrome.jpg

My boy came home today. He stayed an extra 6 weeks after the season closed to get a couple different certifications for next season.

He's home until March. It sure is good to have him home!

I don’t blame him for coming home it’s getting cold. My brother has been up there for about 9 years. He and his family live outside Anchorage and love it! Sent me this picture of sun up today.

upload_2020-11-1_1-18-40.jpeg

I don’t blame him for coming home it’s getting cold. My brother has been up there for about 9 years. He and his family live outside Anchorage and love it! Sent me this picture of sun up today.

View attachment 2896730
Even with the snow it’s not that bad in anchorage. It’s still better than a Chicago winter. I fly up once a month to work a rotational job on the slope. It’s just brutal up there.

it’s not that bad in anchorage. It’s still better than a Chicago winter.
As I remember it as a child , Having to stay inside due to prolonged subzero temperatures and no wind that would not get rid of the smog , Earth tremor's etc... I cannot fathom all that and with lead flying around in chicago and being better....

As I remember it as a child , Having to stay inside due to prolonged subzero temperatures and no wind that would not get rid of the smog , Earth tremor's etc... I cannot fathom all that and with lead flying around in chicago and being better....
Anchorage doesn’t get subzero much and if it does it doesn’t last. It’ll be 21 today. Most people think of Alaska as totally frozen, but even on the north slope 750 miles north of anchorage where I work it’s mid 50s-60s in summer. Winter? Yeah it sucks bad but anchorage not so bad

Even with the snow it’s not that bad in anchorage. It’s still better than a Chicago winter. I fly up once a month to work a rotational job on the slope. It’s just brutal up there.
I did a project for Alpine field years ago. Whitehorse and Alpine were still covered in snow in May.
Food was good, though.

I did a project for Alpine field years ago. Whitehorse and Alpine were still covered in snow in May.
Food was good, though.
That’s where I work currently. It was -55 ambient-87 wind chill last winter a couple days .
45411572-1136-43C0-9FAB-8EB686BA7375.png
We moved rig 26 onto alpine this past winter. 7 modules each pushing 1,00,000 lbs. it’s the largest oil rig in North America. Over 9 million pounds .

Back
Top Bottom