• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bitter sweet day as my oldest leaves for Alaska

Way to go dad. You’ve done an outstanding job giving him the skills and knowledge, now it’s time for him to put them to use and make a life for himself. I sure he will do well. Great job!!!!

You did a good job raising him.
Cooper Landing is a good place. Kenai does not get as cold as Anchorage. Lots of snow, but warmer.
Go visit him and go fishing for rainbow trout. Kenai Peninsula has lots of trout, besides salmon.

Sounds like a dream come true for him...You taught him to fish and develop the passion..Now he is going on a great adventure in Gods country and making a living because you started his passion..Well Done Sir..Look forward to the pic's.

Thanks DD, this means a lot to me coming from you.

You did a good job raising him.
Cooper Landing is a good place. Kenai does not get as cold as Anchorage. Lots of snow, but warmer.
Go visit him and go fishing for rainbow trout. Kenai Peninsula has lots of trout, besides salmon.

He was showing me pictures of the rainbows caught on the Kenai and Russian Rivers where they will be fishing. Here in Georgia if you catch a 15-18 INCH rainbow, it is a good fish. There, if you catch a 15-18 POUND rainbow, it is good!

My 19 yr old son left this afternoon to fulfil a dream that I'm sure most of us on this site have. He will be a fishing guide on the Kenai Peninsula in Cooper Landing, Alaska.

I could not be happier for him! I have been excited and couldn't wait for the day that he left so he could begin his adventure.

And then the day came.....and I realize as happy as I am for him, the little boy that has been my fishing buddy since he was 2 is gone. He has always been a good boy and has grown into a fine young man. I know this is a great way for him to figure himself out. I look forward to living vicariously through his adventures.

I will post pictures of the fish he catches on the fishing thread that I started with him.
Wish him well, it’s hard to let go of our babies

24924.jpeg

That is a HAPPY young man gentleman!
He said he was home sick the 1st two days, but it has passed!

Back
Top Bottom