• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bitter sweet day as my oldest leaves for Alaska

This is my son's 3rd year. He stayed for 2 months after the season last year and took his tests to become a full blown guide.

this year when he got to Anchorage, the outfitter he works for paid for this plane to take him from there to Cooper Landing.

If anyone is interested in catching salmon and trophy rainbows, pm me and I will give you his contact info.
View attachment 3257458
One of the guys I work with here on the slope lives in cooper landing. His wife owns the little coffee shop. I’ve been around the world but that’s one beautiful place

The season is in full swing. He has his drift boat certification so he took this guy out and hooked up with a bunch of rainbows like this.
11569.jpeg

Anchorage was my first assignment out of tech school in the Air Force. Got there in August 1970. Absolutely loved it. Spent 2 years there and hiked all over the place. Rode the train out and they stopped when ever you wanted to get off. You tell them when you'll be coming back and they make a note and stop the train to pick you back up when you tell them. Watching the salmon spawn you could almost walk over the wide creeks on their backs. It's a wonderful place to be.

Used to camp at the Russian River camp ground and walk down to the Kanai, Walk across the Russian, then we would walk a mile or so down stream from the Russian on the Kenai. It was a lot less crowded and rarely ever didn't limit out. Of coarse that's when the run is in.

If you used Red and white flies, some times you would catch a dolly varden as well.

We are doing the Alaska cruise next year in June. 7 days, leaves out of Seattle, hits 3 major Alaska ports and then some silly think in Canada and then back to Seattle. We have a huge church group going and you'd be more than welcome to come along.

Back
Top Bottom