• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bitcoin anyone? Crypto?

Beyond the fact that if you don't hold it then you don't own it, Bitcoin isn't the future. It has a scalability problem. Even with small percentage of the global population that actually uses Bitcoin, it has slowed down to the point that it's inconvenient to use for transactions. If it were more widely adopted then it would slow down to the point of being nearly unusable. Beyond that, the energy consumption to keep the block-chain going is astronomic. If the whole world adopted Bitcoin then the majority of all power output would go towards keeping it going. I don't think any block-chain based crypto currencies will be the future, as anything faster than Bitcoin would inherently be either less secure or cease to be a consensus ledger. There are other technologies that show promise, but I wouldn't best anything on Bitcoin for the long run.

Beyond the fact that if you don't hold it then you don't own it, Bitcoin isn't the future. It has a scalability problem. Even with small percentage of the global population that actually uses Bitcoin, it has slowed down to the point that it's inconvenient to use for transactions. If it were more widely adopted then it would slow down to the point of being nearly unusable. Beyond that, the energy consumption to keep the block-chain going is astronomic. If the whole world adopted Bitcoin then the majority of all power output would go towards keeping it going. I don't think any block-chain based crypto currencies will be the future, as anything faster than Bitcoin would inherently be either less secure or cease to be a consensus ledger. There are other technologies that show promise, but I wouldn't best anything on Bitcoin for the long run.
Hey, guys, I disagree with Shotgun Surgery, I think that bitcoin and cryptocurrency, in general, is our future because if the energy consumption problem will be fixed, you will be able to earn a great amount of money. I read comments and someone said that Bitcoin is dead but it's not true, even in 2020 it's worth investing in it, it's reliable and you can make transactions anonymously because of special sites which are hiding the important information about you. Personally I'm using this one, in my opinion, this is top bitcoin mixer, it's simple to use and informative.

I'm sorry for posting here but in what should I invest if bitcoin isn't worth investing at all? I want to start making money but I don't know what should I do
Like Ambi said, first pay off your debt. If you've already done that then right now I'd say get some gold and silver. They're already started taking off, and fundamentally they're worth significantly more than the spot prices. Focus more on silver than gold right now.

May have been a mistake but I stuck $750 into Grayscale bitcoin trust into the Roth IRA... when you really look into it, i truly
Believe it will be huge one day...

Definitely not betting “big” on it but a little won’t hurt.

Any other bitcoin investors on here?

Facebook just jumped on the bandwagon and introduced their version Libra which is nothing like bitcoin which is more a “ digital gold”...

I made a bunch off of ETH when it was in its infancy.

got out because the market was to volatile.

put it into OSTK and been riding that train since March. Because I invested in OSTK they gave me 400 shares of OSTKO which is hovering around 90/share now. That was a nice freebie!

I don’t work anymore.

If you have the money invest in long term stocks that are low now like travel/leisure.

those stocks will flourish again and you can make ALOT of money if you get in now.

I made a bunch off of ETH when it was in its infancy.

got out because the market was to volatile.

put it into OSTK and been riding that train since March. Because I invested in OSTK they gave me 400 shares of OSTKO which is hovering around 90/share now. That was a nice freebie!

I don’t work anymore.

If you have the money invest in long term stocks that are low now like travel/leisure.

those stocks will flourish again and you can make ALOT of money if you get in now.
Dang right

May have been a mistake but I stuck $750 into Grayscale bitcoin trust into the Roth IRA... when you really look into it, i truly
Believe it will be huge one day...

Definitely not betting “big” on it but a little won’t hurt.

Any other bitcoin investors on here?

Facebook just jumped on the bandwagon and introduced their version Libra which is nothing like bitcoin which is more a “ digital gold”...
This investment is now worth about $3000 from 900
My Bitcoin is up about $25,000
Buying some ethereum now and other alt coins

Where do you guys like to go for news? I'm already pretty heavy in to the Youtube space. I regularly look at Coindesk, Decrypt, and The Daily Hodl.

Back
Top Bottom